Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 content center files mixup

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
AlexanderThiel5559
384 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor 2015 content center files mixup

Hello NG, i have a problem with the scenario of placing content center parts (screws) in Inventor 2015. Our Company situation: We are a tooling company for injection moulds and die casting. We just upgraded our Licences from Inventor 2011 to Inventor 2015. We use Vault Basic (former Vault) and also migrated from 2011 to 2015. So far everything works. Now we have several hundred tools (moulds, die casting...) and every tool was created as an inventor project so every designer just gets the project file from the vault and has the same preset folders, libraries, etc and can only work under this working folder (to not mix up paths etc...). Also the content center parts for each project were separately created and checked in. This we practiced good from inventor 11 to 2011 and now in 2015 we have problems. The main problem is the use of content center parts, mainly screws. In the new version of Inventor, the content center parts seem not to be created, if they can be found anywhere on the harddisk. so what happenes: I place a screw (ie 5x6) in mould 01223. The same screw was just placed in mould 12002. as far as good, everything got placed, saved and i check everything in. till now it seems to work without problems but: if i check the paths in vault basic explorer, it tells me for screw 5x6 the path is not mould 01223, it is mould 12002! If i now get the project out on another workstation, it streams from the server mould 01223 and the screw from mould 12002 including both folders and so on. This would still be no problem, but now i try to delete whole folder 12002 in vault basic explorer because i don't need it anymore: I cant do so because scre 5x6 is also placed in mould 01223! How can i tell inventor 2015, that he should not look at the whole harddisk for content center parts and recreate them under the correct project? Till now i did not find any solution and would be grateful for any help! Thanks in advance Alexander
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report