Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 not working with Mandatory Profiles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GaryGraham7033
510 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2014 not working with Mandatory Profiles

We use mandatory roaming profiles for our students and have done for some 14 years with all previous versions of our Autodesk products.

Now Inventor 2014 Pro (running on Windows 7 SP1 x64) will not open with a mandatory profile applied all I get is the new "Send AutoDesk your error box" Remove the mandatory profile and let the user create a local profile from the same default profile used to create the mandatory profile, Inventor works. The only clue I get to what might be happening is in the infocenter.log (within the Appdata section of the profile) where it states that the inventor.xml is not found. Without the mandatory applied the log is clear and the inventor.xml exists in the same folder.

Any help much appreciated, not been able to use mandatory profiles will cause a world of trouble for us.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bsh6564
in reply to: GaryGraham7033

I'm having the same issue with my network.

I saw this in the past when Autocad incorrectly installed locally for the roaming profile.

I usually have to login at the computer it errored at, erase the roaming profile on the computer under settings, go to where their profiles are on the server, erase their profile folder on the server after I take ownership of it.

So essentially making it as if the student never used the lab before.

When I log off and the student logs in it generally works.

The problem is this is a temporary fix. Once the student goes to another computer it creates this error.

We need a permenant fix to this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report