Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 new install - Missing Green Dot & invisible icons in the nav bar

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
VTR1
2264 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2014 new install - Missing Green Dot & invisible icons in the nav bar

Hi Folks

Have installed inventor 2014 as part of the Product Design Suite Premium 2014 & have a few issues.

1). In sketch mode when drawing a line/circle etc there is usually a green dot in the centre of the crosshair, this is not vissible at all making it difficult (if not impossible) to see where the cursor is snapping to. The same happens in the drawing mode when dimensioning. I've checked the options but can't see anything obvious.

2). The icons in the 'Navigation Bar' are invisible, I've checked the opacity levels & irrespective of the setting they are still invisible. You can hover the mouse pointer over where they should be & they work, they're just not visible.

Also, the close, minimise & restore down icons in the top right corner are also invisible. Similar to the navigation bar issue, they work, they're just invisible.

Have tried uninstall & reinatall, & have downloaded & installed the update, but this doesn't solve these issues.

Cheers.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: VTR1

No system spec's, we don't know if this is a Windows or Mac.

Did you follow the install requirements?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17955581&linkID=9240617

It could even be a hardware/graphics card/driver issue. You are are the most current certified graphics card drivers for your machine.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
VTR1

Apologies for the late reply & thanks for the response.

System is a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit PC

4gb Ram

Yes I followed the install procedure as detailed & all software, drivers etc were updated prior to installation.

Admitedly at 3yrs old the machine is getting on a bit now, but I also have Product Design Suite Premium 2013 is installed & running fine without any of these issues.

Message 4 of 7
blair

Check that in the Application Options>Sketch the Constraint and DOF is set to at least 1. Try changing the setting in the Application Options>Hardware to one of the other settings, either Performance and or Compatibility

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
VTR1

Problem solved Smiley Happy

Tried altering the Constraint & DOF with no difference.

Then altered the hardware from performance to compatibility which has solved the issue.

Interesting as previous versions of Inventor have all worked fine with the performance setting.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
RobJV

I too am getting same problem with green dot - also checked standard settings.  I am just installing the update to see if it helps.  Also noticing other strange things too.  While working on a subassembly not all other parts are translucent as they should be.  Half section views in the assembly environment are also working wonky.  Hopefully SP1 fixes it for me.

Rob

Message 7 of 7
blair
in reply to: RobJV

There also are updates for SP1. The new posted SP1 may already include Update1, if so, then also install update2. Also check that you are current on your graphics card drivers. If it's a new system, a lot of the computer manufactures ship machines with early releases of drivers. Get the latest MicroSoft certified drivers for your card from the graphics card manufactures web-site. 

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report