Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 fails to open on Windows 8.1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cfbuncha
798 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2014 fails to open on Windows 8.1

Hi, I have been having this problem for a while now, I was able to use Inventor 2014 on Windows 8 but when I updated to Windows 8.1 (bad decision) I had the common problem everybody had. I have downloaded both service packs but when I try to open it loads and then fails immediately after it finishes loading, I'll attach some screenshots to explain myself better.

I hope someone can help me since I'm learning to use inventor and I'm loving it 😄

Thanks in advance,  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
shreyasdbz
in reply to: cfbuncha

I am having the same problem. And not just with inventor 14. The 2013 version doesn't work either.
Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: shreyasdbz

If you searched this user forum for Win 8.0 and Win 8.1 you find that you need so install all the SP's and updates for your products, IV2014 and IV2014. Make sue you version go Window has .NET 4.5

You should have followed the instructions to be logged in with Admin Privileges, you may then need to RMB on the Inventor icon and select the run as Administrator.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report