Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 crashes at launch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Nechy
3242 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2014 crashes at launch

Hi,

my Problem is, that Inventor 2014 crashes directly after starting the .exe. I installed the Update 1, but nothing change. Even a reinstall (Format C: ) of Windows 8 didn't help. The first program after the windows updates was Inventor, but directly the crash. Last week it, works fine :(. When i read the .dmp ... it tells that a third party driver could cause the problem.

I hope someone can help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pcrawley
in reply to: Nechy

Have a look through your system restore points.  Is there an update or driver installation that occured soon after the last time you were able to run Inventor?

Peter
Message 3 of 6
Nicolas.Bourquin

Hello,

Do you receive an error message after the launch of Inventor ?

If yes, maybe this link could help you:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS21825687

Could you confirm if the problem is the same when you create and use a new windows administrator profile ?

Hope that will help.

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 4 of 6
Nechy
in reply to: pcrawley

Yeah i deinstall all updates. But that didnt help.

Yesterday i install Windows 7 x64  ... install Inventor 2014 ... the same crash. And yes i receive an error Message. And i get under the Serialnumber some F's.

So and i tried it with another admin profile ... the same crash at the beginning. Short time i see the Inventor frame but then  i get the error report.

Message 5 of 6
Nechy

No one an idea ? 😕

Message 6 of 6
Nechy

OK problem solved ... it was a nvidia update in the backround. So i didnt recognize it. -.-. The old driver works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report