Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 copy paste problem in assembly file

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
AhmetSevik
7644 Views, 38 Replies

Inventor 2014 copy paste problem in assembly file

Hello,

I have an Assembly with many parts. Before, i can copy/paste for parst/ parts / subassembly in assembly mode. I can mark all and  i did copy/paste all object in assembly.
Now in 2014,  select all what i want i push ctrl+c but when i try to paste with keyboard or wiht right click, dont paste. No more.

For now, i solve so; i open part/parts/subassembly on new window (Right click- open) and if i click copy in new window then i can do paste to in assembly.

I use this so oftly, and so usualy for me. Now , i lost time.

Do you have any idea? Thank you...

38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39
SteveMDennis
in reply to: AhmetSevik

Are you trying to paste into another assembly? or the same assembly?

Are you sure that Ctrl-C is still mapped to Copy?  What if instead of Ctrl-C you use the right menu button and select Copy from it?

Are the items you want to copy selected or only pre-selected?

If we can answer these questions perhaps I can help you, it works just fine for me.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 39
AhmetSevik
in reply to: SteveMDennis

(Are you trying to paste into another assembly? or the same assembly?)

Yes, i try. İ am wroking on many assembly last times and same problem i have.

(Are you sure that Ctrl-C is still mapped to Copy?  What if instead of Ctrl-C you use the right menu button and select Copy from it?)

Yes, i am sure. I use ctrl+c oftly. I have Windows 8 (64bit) now. Before to install, i had Relase 2013. And i used without problem. Now, i have. I did'nt change anything on my operating system. I ınstall on same system. As i wrote, when i open parts in new window (with "open" command at right click menu) Then copy/paste is functional. Just doesnt work in assembly. For copy/paste, i have to open in new window. Single part or sub assembly. Same.

Also i tried with right click on mouse. İt's same. Doesnt work too.

(Are the items you want to copy selected or only pre-selected?)

Like usualy, for example: i have AAAA.i am file. In "AAAA.iam" file has 5 files. "1.ipt.", "2.ipt.", "B.iam", "4.ipt", "5.ipt". Firstly, i click one part in AAAA.iam assembly file with 1 left click and select "2.ipt". Then this part marked. Then ş try to do ctrl+c or copy command in right click menu. Then, i do ctrl+v or paste commant in right click menu. Result nothing. Doest work paste command. part or subassembly. Same...

This parts coming from release 2013. i mean, i made all parts and assembly on previous version. I dont know helpfuly or not?

Mr. Denis, Thank you very much for your interest. I hope, we can solve it.  

Message 4 of 39
SteveMDennis

The ctrl-C mapping I was talking about was not in the operating system, inside Inventor has that mapping been undone somehow in 2014?

Check your customizations.

Can you attack a very simple assembly with some parts that exhibit this behavior for me to try?

And Mr. Dennis is still my Dad!  Steve is fine! 🙂

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 39
AhmetSevik

we have 2 licence for Release 2013. My 2014 version is for 30 days trial version. I am testing new relase now and i will offer or not  to do upgrade to relase 2014  to our management. Therefore your aswers is very importand for us. Thanks.

Message 6 of 39
AhmetSevik

Hi Steve,

I did a video and i upload to youtube. Is not so clear seen but you can see what i have. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7siRm83VybU&feature=youtu.be

I talking about, doesnt mapper ctrl+c and / ctrl+v in Autodesk Inventor. In windows, i dont have any problem. Work very well.

Watch it.

But, somethign is happen now. I wanted to send this files to you. I used pack and go command on top menu. And I open again for last check. Then now, copy/paste is functional now. I return to original assembly, i open it. Then doesnt work as i show in video. Original files dont allow me to do copy/paste. 

Message 7 of 39
AhmetSevik

Actulay, i noticed that my new parts doesnt have problem. My old parts and assembly files do this.. I dont know why?

Message 8 of 39
johnsonshiue

Hi! We have a reproducible case in-house reported by another customer. It seems to be related to the occurrence transformation. Somehow Inventor reacts to certain transformation inappropriately during the occurrence insertion process. The development is looking at this behavior right now. Before a resolution is available, you can try the following.

Right-click on the component exhibiting the behavior -> iPrioperties -> Occurrence -> reset the Offset (X, Y, Z) to zero.

After that, the new occurrence of the component should be inserted without a problem. Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 39
AhmetSevik
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi jhonson,

Thanks for interest.

I tried to do what you wrote me. But doesn't work for me. When i change offsett value to zero, then parts moved to other point, then i click to update button and came back original position. After that i tried to do copy/paste but no work.

But, when i change offsett point, and if idont click update button then copy/paste functional. Its work....

Before copy/paste, if you click update button, no functional.

Then , what can i do fot apply to other parst? I have to do all parts so?

Thanks again.

Ahmet...

Message 10 of 39
job_delacruz

Hi Autodesk,

We already installed also our Autodesk 2014 in our office. The copy paste really do not work!!! Without this simple command, we waste a lot of time. Please release a hotfix for this issue, especially that this Copy/Paste command is your "What's New Enhancement". Hope your prompt response and support!!!

Regards,

Job

Message 11 of 39
fakeru
in reply to: job_delacruz

We have the same problem here and that's very very annoying! I hope this will be fixed somehow and very soon! Please provide us with solution!

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Message 12 of 39
jpinda
in reply to: fakeru

Everyone

Copy and Paste doesn't work here.  So far on 2 PC's, they are both on Win7-64 other than that i would say their are different.  Same "main" software Autodesk, V checker, Office etc.

Later JeReMy 

Message 13 of 39
job_delacruz

Any one from Autodesk care again to reply with this issue??? we have lots of assembly having this problem!!!  

Message 14 of 39
across

Has this issue been addressed yet?  Myself and several colleagues are experiencing this copy/paste problem on Inventor 2014 (using Windows 7).  A very simple operation is now taking a costly amount of time!  Resetting occurrence to 0 does not work (X, Y, and Z are already at 0!).  Need a fix for this problem soon.  Thanks.

Message 15 of 39
johnsonshiue

Hi! Update 2 for Inventor 2014 is live. This particular issue has been resolved on the update.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21901957&linkID=9242019

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 16 of 39
AhmetSevik

Thank you very much

It's work for me. I tried and i can copy/past as before.

Thanks for interest...

Message 17 of 39
across
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you!  The update worked!

Message 18 of 39
Hagemann8

hello!

I never had any problems with "Strg-c / Strg-v" .

BUT: "Strg-x / Strg-v" doesn´t work for me. Somehow Inventor does "some" action, because if I mark some part and click "Strg-x" this part disappears. But Inventor doesn´t give it back to the same assembly by clicling "Strg-v".

This is really annoying also because I use this al lot for turning "routed fittings" into normal fittings, so I can put them to a sub-assembly group.

Are there any solutions for this issue so far?

Thanks a lot

Message 19 of 39
AhmetSevik
in reply to: Hagemann8

Now, i tried Ctrl-x / Ctrl-V.. Works for me..Firstly disappeared. But when i pushed Ctrl-V, parts or subassmebly came.
I hope, you can solve too.. Maybe you can try to reinstall...
Message 20 of 39
Hagemann8

hello.

I tried to reinstall and update 2. ctrl-x / ctrl-v still doesn´t work.

I works in AutoCAD and in every other Installation.

I tried it on my collegues PC and it doesn´t work there either.

What can it be? The weird thing is: If I try to insert the part I cut before by ctrl-x a few times by ctrl-v, I have to press the back-arrow (ctrl-z) as often as I pressed ctrl-v to get back to before cutting. So Inventor does "something" but the part doesn´t appear... not in the workspace nor in the browser.

Anybody out there got the key?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report