Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 - Weld Symbol Dialog Broken

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
matt_jlt
1413 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2014 - Weld Symbol Dialog Broken

I am having an issue where i can't fully specify the welds I require. As you can see from the attached images, Adding the second layer of weld in the dialog box, it is impossible to specify the weld size as the text areas don't show up when the symbol is added. The bottom weld symbol works fine though.

Doesn anyone have a fix for this / can replicate the problem? It's kind of urgent as I have some drawings I need to get done? Autodesk?

Regards, Matt.

weld1.jpg

Weld2.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
matt_jlt
in reply to: matt_jlt

Just worked out you can work around this although it is a pretty poor work around.
You have to define the bottom row first, then press the swap arrow / other symbols button. The text box will still be invisible but the weld symbol will show up on the sheet. Then re-define the bottom symbol again and you should have two symbols.
Message 3 of 7
jtylerbc

I can confirm the error - reinforcing fillets on the top side don't work correctly.  The text boxes do not appear in the dialog box like they should.

Are you up to date on Inventor service packs?  I haven't used welds much in 2014, so I don't know if the problem was always there or was introduced by an update.

Message 4 of 7
matt_jlt
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks John. I have all of the updates installed, on different systems and all have the same issue. "Re-inforcing fillets" as you called them, do not work unless you use the workaround i specified above.

This is pretty annoying considering i use them all the time.

Autodesk, can I somehow submit this as a bug to fix?

Thanks, Matt.

Message 5 of 7
t_hutns

Hello Matt,

This is known problem that was already reported and fix will be available as soon as possible.

Thank you for your input

Stanislav Hutnan

Inventor Development

Autodesk

Message 6 of 7
markdamen_ue
in reply to: t_hutns

Can I log the fact that our system is affected by the same issue please.  Will the hotfix go public, or will it need to be requested?

Many Thanks

Mark.

Message 7 of 7
t_hutns
in reply to: markdamen_ue

Hello,

Fix for this problem is included in Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 that is available for the downloaded here - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322619&linkID=9242019.

Regards

Stanislav Hutnan

Inventor Development

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report