Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Sketch Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PKorb
1391 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2014 Sketch Issue

Im sorry if this has been covered already or if there is something obvious im missing but this is driving me crazy.

I have a part that was created from an imported 3D sketch in iges format. I was able to create the part using the sketch but now when i go into sketch mode all the buttons are greyed out. The only buttons that are usable are the "make part" and the "make component" buttons.

All sketch geometry buttons are unusable, however i can still perform the commands by either right clicking (i.e. the "project geometry" command) or by using keyboard shortcuts.

This was frusterating me and then (after saving) it was back to normal (all buttons available in sketch mode). Now however its randomly started again.

Also just as a nit. The shortcut key "L" in sketch mode is apparently linked to both the "line" command and the "cable and harness library"? Is there a way to change it so i dont have to cycle through options and hit enter every time i hit l for line?

Thank you and any help would be greatly apreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: PKorb

I'm not on 2014 yet, so I can't addres your sketch issue, but the shortcut on eis pretty easy.  Go to Tools \ Customize and select the Keyboard tab.  Pick "assigned" from the box on the top right... make it easier to find things.  Then sort the columns by Keys.  Scroll down until you get to the "L"s and then pick the one you DON'T want, and hit the "X".  Apply and close.

keys.JPG

Message 3 of 5
karthur1

On your sketch issue, do you see the same thing if you start a new part?  Just doesnt make sense that the buttons are greyed out, but the shortcut command works.

I'm sure you have tried rebooting and restarting inventor.  Can you post the exported iges file?

Message 4 of 5
PKorb

Thank You cbenner, and as silly as it seems I had not restarted my machine. When i did it crashed several times on start up. I eventually realized that Autodesk 360 was trying to sync way too much so it was slowing my machine down. After I exited out of 360 I opened up the part again and all buttons were functional. Could the origional problems with the buttons have been a result of 360 trying to sync the part I was currently working on?

Also to further add to the confusion.. when I used the "L" shortcut out of reflex after restarting the machine and exiting out of 360 it recognized that as the line command without me having to scroll through options like i was doing previously. And I had not yet followed cbenners advice....

So problem solved i guess?

Message 5 of 5
ChrisMitchell01

Was this part file, containing the imported sketch, actually being worked on directly from your A360 drive, or did you have it elsewhere on your system & the sync process was syncing other files ?

There should not be any connection between the sync process & what you see active in the Ui in Inventor.

If you email me the file & any specific steps that may lead to the problem, I'll take a look.

Thanks
Chris

chris.mitchell@autodesk.com

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report