Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Ribbon Customizing

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JamieVJohnson2
1966 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor 2014 Ribbon Customizing

Confirmed!  My copy of Inventor 2014 will not remember the customizations I perform to the ribbon.  I simply added the PDF command to the Drawing/Vault/ ribbon, and when I save and close properly and reopen, the customization is gone.  It did remember all my custom keyboard commands, just not the ribbon command.

Does anybody have some information I can use to fix this?

jvj

jvj
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Jamie,

This is indeed a problem related to customizing the vault related Ui; it's planned to be fixed in the first vault update, (sometime in June). I'm not aware of a workaround for this.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 13
charlesww
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

It's not just the Vault add-in. None of the tools I put in the QAT stay there. everytime I open another file, the QAT looses all the tools I had previously placed.

Message 4 of 13
ADNpati
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

A pain in my bum...

Please fix this issue.. I installed 2014 Update released on 9th of May.

This issue is not fixed.... 

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 13
guido_66
in reply to: ADNpati

This problem has been there with all Inventor versions since the ribbon was introduced.

Message 6 of 13

Not true. All during 2013, I was able to keep customizations in both the Vault add in ribbon, and the normal Drawing default ribbon.  I wanted to be able to export to PDF from both ribbon items. 

A major flaw I'm finding in 2014, which may be related, is the inability to consistently write to the registry.  This was evident from the settings found in the Application Options, being ingored after closing and reopening Inventor (without crashing!).  I was able to manually place the values (or remove) from the registry and get the effects I wanted but not always able to get them to 'stick' when I just used Application Options, and hit apply. 

The registry location is posted below incase you wanted to know.  Don't go poking around unless you are an expert.  If you do, it would be a good idea to export the entire registry key before you mess things up, so you can delete your error, and re-import the original.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0\System\Preferences

jvj
Message 7 of 13
schnautza
in reply to: JamieVJohnson2

This has nothing to do with Vault. I'm having the same issue with my Swift Prints button on the QAT. It disappears on a weekly basis (sometimes daily).

I'm not a Vault user.

There has got to be a fix for this.

Message 8 of 13
charlesww

This issue was fixed with SP1.

Charles Whitmire

Mechanical Application Engineer

1-866-912-4770

1003 Laurens Road

Greenville, SC 29607

CharlesWhitmire@TPM.com

[TPM, Inc]
Message 9 of 13
schnautza
in reply to: charlesww

I didn't realize SP1 was already out there...just installed it now.

Now I can't get Swift Prints to go to the QAT at all. The RMB option to "add to quick access toolbar" is greyed out. So much for a fix, now it is even more broken.

Message 10 of 13
charlesww

Try doing a repair from Control panel – Uninstall a program

Charles Whitmire

Mechanical Application Engineer

1-866-912-4770

1003 Laurens Road

Greenville, SC 29607

CharlesWhitmire@TPM.com

[TPM, Inc]
Message 11 of 13
guido_66

Probably a reboot will fix it. I often need to switch back and forth between Inventor 2012 and 2014. When I do that, add to QAT is also greyed out. After a reboot it is normal again.

Message 12 of 13
cadtekk

SP1 did not fix the ribbon customization settings or the placement settings. I still have to relocate my undocked ribbons off the main screen to me side monitor for many projects and reconfigure the panels too. This has been the case for each and every version of inventor since the ribbon was introduced. I've complained in the past many times to no avail.

I work for Imaginary Menagerie Managers of Imaginary Menageries. Inc
You can't imagine how long I've been there...
Message 13 of 13
cadtekk

I have the same problem. This has been the case for me ever since they introduced the ribbon. It has never been addressed.

i7

Win 7

24 gigs

Inventor 2014 x64 (latest update)

I work for Imaginary Menagerie Managers of Imaginary Menageries. Inc
You can't imagine how long I've been there...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report