Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Drawing Improvement

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
361 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor 2014 Drawing Improvement

Hi Inventor team,

I just want to thank you for improving the selection of quadrant points in the drawing environment.

We only recently switched over to 2014 from 2012 (skipped 2013 altogether due to some internal politics), and I noticed this today.

In 2012, when you wanted to dimension to the tip of an arc segment or circle (a quadrant point, i.o.w.) and there was already a centreline over it, you had to move the centreline out of the way first.  Select Other didn't work, it just gave a choice between Edge and Centreline.

Now, in 2014, the quadrant point is the default selection (assuming Quadrant is selected in your simension snap setings).  See the 60 o/A dimension in the attached pic.

This probably doesn't save me that much time, but it saves me an infinity of frustration.

Almost always, the first thing I do to a view is to put all the centrelines and centre marks in, only then do I start dimensioning.

It sucked to have to move (or in some cases, delete) something I just put there, 5 seconds ago.  I'm glad I don't have to anymore.  For that, I thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report