Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 - Drawing Error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jignesh_jensen
1641 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2014 - Drawing Error

Hi,

I am using Inventor 2014. I am receiving an error while closing a drawing. The error says "One or more drawings are being computed and are currently in raster state. The document(s) may be closed and pending updates will resume when the document is reopened.

Do you wish to continue closing?"

The drawing shows outdated views which I tried updating but they do not update. When I am trying to print the drawing, it shows incomplete drawing. Please let me know what is to be done to resolve the issue. Thank you!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: jignesh_jensen

In IV2014 ADSK added Raster State, this allows for a quicker inital view of the drawing while it's fully being developed. Any views that are in the Raster State (not yet completed) will have little green corner marks encompassing the view.

It's not an error, just a statement that all the views have not fully finished being ready to view.You can turn this feature off and it will take longer for the drawing to load as it will have to complete all the views for all the pages.

The idea is that you can be working on the first page or two while the last pages are still not complete.

This really helps slower systems.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
jignesh_jensen
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair,

Thank you for the responce! But as I said, the drawing is not updating even after keep trying to update the views. Also, the drawing not big in size so it should not take much time to update it either. Please guide me how do I get the views/drawing updated and get the drawing to complete state. Thank you!!

Message 4 of 9
rhasell

Hi

I have noticed that occasionally the views get stuck, especially when I open a whole heap of them.

This might not be your case, but RMB on the view and set the view to "Precise"

RASTER VIEW.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 5 of 9

As stated here, that is not a bug - But intended.

As Rhasell says, you can sometimes right click and press "Make View Precise".

You may also get in a situation where it stays in raster state, no matter what you do.

I don't know what would cause that problem, but I have found a few things that may work - If one of them doesn't, the next one may.

- Close all open files. Open the drawing. Right click on a view, and press "Open". If it asks to be updated, do so. Save it, and see if your views are updating.

- Close all files. Restart inventor. Open the drawing.

- Close all files. Close inventor. Restart the computer.
I have only found that to be necessary once.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 6 of 9
blair
in reply to: yannicknielsen

I would open the related IAM or IPT file and do a rebuild and save, then while the file is opened, then open the IDW file. The IDW has to open in the background the model to generate the views for the drawing.

Also sometimes a good old fashioned system reboot solves a lot of problems.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 9
rhasell

Okay, so I got caught by this one as well.

I tried everything to get the drawings to refresh. The only solution that is working for now is to disable "Enable Background Updates."

Admittedly, the particular models are not my best work, and very heavy and cumbersome. When I am done with this particular project I will re-enable this feauture once again.

background.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 8 of 9
t_pcoll
in reply to: rhasell

Hi, I'd really like to take a look at such dataset where this issue is reproducible... Please send to ladislav(dot)pcola(at)autodeskDOTcom, if possible.

Thanks
Ladislav
Message 9 of 9
yannicknielsen
in reply to: t_pcoll

I have yet to see this being reproducable, seeing as it's either an issue about updating your part (representations), or an issue that will be fixed when you restart the program.

It seems to happen to heavy assemblies and / or parts, but I'm not entirely sure

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report