Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Crashing During License Verification

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
akb3vf
319 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 Crashing During License Verification

I recently installed Autodesk Inventor 2014 for an engineering project. When I attempt to open it, a message pops up that says 'Please wait while your license is being verified.' A few seconds later, it says 'Autodesk component has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.' There are never any recommended solutions before the program crashes and is forced to shut down. Each time this occurs, I have to restart my computer because although the program is not identified as being open in task manager, the Autodesk start up graphics menu locks up on the screen and blocks access to the icons on my desktop. 

I have checked to ensure that my graphics card is updated, and when I right click the Inventor icon it says that it is running on the High-performance NVIDIA processor default. I have also checked to see that I could successully obtain a serial number in the command prompt (as advised by this  solution: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Windows... ).  

Please let me know if there are any recommendations! I did not install the program with my anti-virus software disabled, which I saw could be another issue. But I would like to eliminate other options before uninstalling and reinstalling the program since the process took several hours. 

Also, I have a Lenovo T420s laptop if that helps at all. Oddly enough, my roommate also has a Lenovo and was never able to successfully run the program for one of her classes last semester. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: akb3vf

Have you tried running a repair on the software?

Did you previously have any Autodesk Software installed?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
akb3vf
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I hadn't tried a repair, so I just attempted one using these instructions: 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recomme...

Is that what you were referring to? Also, a large number of Autodesk-related programs show up as having the option to be repaired (Autodesk 360, DWG TrueView, Inventor Professional, etc.). I launched the repair for Inventor Professional, and it didn't seem to make a difference. I'll go ahead and try it for the rest of them as well. 

Thank you so much! I'll let you know if anything works. 

Oh and in response to the other question, I do not have any other versions of Autodesk on my computer. This is the first time I've ever dealt with it on here!

Message 4 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: akb3vf

Hi There, What is the status of your issue today? Did the repair help?

Is this issue only with Inventor or with the other Autodesk products aswell??

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report