Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 not displaying properly after locking computer.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FrancisBell
628 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2013 not displaying properly after locking computer.

If Inventor is on the screen when the pc locks (win+L) Inventor will not display properly after unocking the pc. Moving the mouse around will change what is highlighted in the feature tree and things like that, but I cannot at all see the actual object I am working on. Changing from one open component to another does not help. I have to restart each time this happens. I have updated both Inventor and my display drivers to a supported version. Any help is much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi FrancisBell,

There are some suggestions here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2013-model-screen-is-black-when-users-unloc...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 8
SBix26
in reply to: FrancisBell

This happens to me, also, although not always, not every day.  I have no doubt that it's a graphics issue, but I don't have the option to change graphics cards.  I'm not certain, but I think that having another application have focus when the computer locks prevents this from happening to Inventor.  To try it, activate your internet browser before you lock the computer, then see if Inventor's graphics are gone when you come back.

Message 4 of 8
FrancisBell
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you for that suggestion about changing the focus. I will try it over the next few days and see how it reacts. The compatibility + software option did not help me out.

Message 5 of 8
FrancisBell

I tried changing the graphics options, and also moving focus to another window. Neither works reliably. I have updated to the latest Inventor Service Pack / Update and am still having problems. Have there been any more developements on this issue?

Message 6 of 8
SBix26

Still happens to me most days, and I was wrong about other applications having focus-- doesn't help.  The only real solution is to stay chained to your computer and never leave it, never lock it...

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 7 of 8
blair
in reply to: SBix26

Try making a change to the Power Option. Set it to Performance and make changes to the Plan Settings so that the system has to update the file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
FrancisBell
in reply to: blair

Where would I look for those plan settings on a desktop computer running Win XP?

I went through the power settings in the control panel and it was set to never turn off the HD or monitor, and never go to standby or hibernate. This being windows, I went into the hibernate tab and disabled it anyway. Inventor did not give me a problem this morning after being open all night. It did not have focus and was minimised to the task bar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report