While working with an Inventor 2013 *.idw some of the dimension lines, extension lines, and learders became invisible, even though you can still see the dimension values and even the arrow heads of the no-show dimensions. Even when printed, the same lines are not there. 2013 Glitch??? And when is the first HotFix coming out??
Solved! Go to Solution.
Seems that when I move a dimension around, one or both of the extension lines and sometimes the dimension line disappear; you can still see the arrow head and dimension though. I've played around a little while waiting (for 2013's first service pack... hint-hint-hint...), and noticed when I right-click and hide one of the (already hidden) extension lines, then right-click again and select "Show All Extension Lines", everything pops back one as normal. But once you move the dimension around again, things disappear as before.
ACH! I shouldn't have replied to this thread. Now I caught the contagion, too!
I went to do some dimensioning for the first time in 2013 and look what I get! Lucky me. I tried the same thing psohaney said he tried, setting the ext line to hidden and then setting all ext lines visible and like him as soon as I moved it they disappeared again.
Some playing around has revealed that it's tied to a view being stuck in raster state. I was able to reproduce it by following the exact same steps as I used to create the first drawing. Making a different drawing on a different template with a different (much simpler) file did not reproduce it.
I'll play around with it and see if I can nail down exactly what the connection is here.
I tested the same and couldn't able to reproduce it. Probably need a video demonstrating on what's happening at your end. This would help us to investigate further.
I am working with our development on this. Can you provide a short video and as well as the problematic drawing file for us to do further testing at our end.
Looking forward to your replies.
Here's a simple drawing file where I was able to replicate the problem. It seems to be tied to one of my migrated templates. I'll try to find time later in the day to make a video for you.
It's not reliant on any combination of steps and is very easy for me and my users to reproduce, but only on that one template (posted previously).