Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 - missing dimensions in drawing

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
psohaney
5799 Views, 23 Replies

Inventor 2013 - missing dimensions in drawing

While working with an Inventor 2013 *.idw some of the dimension lines, extension lines, and learders became invisible, even though you can still see the dimension values and even the arrow heads of the no-show dimensions.  Even when printed, the same lines are not there.  2013 Glitch???  And when is the first HotFix coming out??

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
billmace6
in reply to: bobvdd

Yes, glad I signed in and searched. At this point I am very pleased with
Inventor....like it better than ACAD. Productivity has gone way up!!
*Regards,*
*Bill Mace*
*512-672-9425*
Message 22 of 24
kstuart
in reply to: billmace6

Having the same problem, and understand why...

However when drawings are re-opened the text boxes are resizing and re-clipping this is a major nuisance

Message 23 of 24
ksmith84
in reply to: kstuart

I know this is an old thread, but I have been having this issue randomly. "Randomly" meaning there was /some/ logic behind it but it sometimes happens, other times not. Today, I placed a view of our model in one blank drawing, then copied the sheet over to another Saved drawing. The dimensions were working perfectly on the blank drawing but they do not appear only on that one view regardless if I recreate the view or not. This has happened on other drawings, usually sections, but this view is a projected view with dissimilar scale to the parent. If anybody can help, please do. I cannot access the links listed above, returning something about server connection error. UPDATE: I feel like a noob user now... This particular issue was due in fact to a note block overlapping half way onto my view. When any dimension was placed inside this invisible boundary, the dimension is cropped to the boundary. No issue, sorry to take up the internet here 😛

~¤~
^C^CMoonwalk
Message 24 of 24
john.ehrhardt
in reply to: psohaney

Thank you, thank you. I was losing time working with our 12 year old drawing. This dimension obscuring behavior was not seen in the 2004 and 2010 version we had used. The general note text box has been large without trouble. After doing some edits, using sketch, the drawing updated to the new behavior.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums