Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 is having major problems- Access violation-no RTTI data!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1103 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2013 is having major problems- Access violation-no RTTI data!

I was working on a machine today and an error came up Access violation-no RTTI data! I have never seen this before and now no matter what assembly in any project I open the software is having a lot of problems. When it open the main assembly I cannot open a part or an assembly in the main assembly. I have tried to get support on my subscription but it just sits there and says processing, does anyone have a clue what I can do. I am down and cannot afford to sit here.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Anonymous

A fix for "RTTI issues" went in to 2013 SP2 - you installed that ?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21702054&linkID=9242019

If that doesn't fix the issue, then can you supply any more info about what prompts this message ? Does it all work OK with new data ? is it limited to a particular assebly ?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Yes I did install the service pack.It is on the main assembly of a machine. If I update it I the access violation happens. Then the software no longer works properly and i have to reinstall it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I installed the service pack after the problem had occurred.

Message 5 of 8
ChrisMitchell01

Even if you get an RTTI error, you shouldn't need to reinstall Inventor. A restart of Inventor should be all that is needed. Do you actually crash or just get an error messgae ? if you crash, then what email are you using when submitting your crash reprots ?

Are other mdoels OK or do you get this when updating every assembly ? If it's specific to a single assembly, then do you have  aprevious version that still works OK ?

To really understand what's not working, we'll need to see the data along withs ome reproducible steps. Is this somethingt that you can share with us ?

Thanks
Chris

chris.mitchell@autodesk.com

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

It is only in the one assembly that this exists. If I let it update it corrupts Inventor. That is why I have to reinstall it. When the error occurs you loose the ability to open, edit or access parts in any assembly you open in Inventor. The only fix I could find is to reinstall it. The assembly is the only one I have. My system is only saving one back and the old one is the same way. I have been trying to get on to subscription support all day and it is not working. How do you change the number of old version it saves? When will subscription support be back up?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Forgot to tell you I can share this with you. It is for Honda of America so I would ask that you erase it when you are done. It is a large assembly so I would need a place to download it.

Message 8 of 8
ChrisMitchell01

Hi,

You change the number of versions saved in your active project, under the options section.

Subsrciption center should be working again now. I sent you a private message regaridn uploading your data for us to take a look at.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report