Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 frequent crashes

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
vmcarbonneau
4781 Views, 36 Replies

Inventor 2013 frequent crashes

Hello everyone,

We are experiencing frequent crashes since we installed Inventor 2013 (3-4 times a day). We use HP  Z400 and Dell M6600 with latest drivers.

Anyone have the same issue ?

Thank you,

Vincent

36 REPLIES 36
Message 21 of 37
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: danzco

All,

The "Update1" was due to be posted today, but a couple of last minute issues were discovered that will mean a delay of a few more days; sorry about that but we need to ensure that we do indeed fix the intended issues.

Update1 will be a rollup of several hotfixes, some of which prevent crashes, (such as the mentioned spaceball issue), & others to address some key workflows that were not working correctly. A readme file will document the specific issues addressed.

Scott, all of the crashes you have sent us are indeed related to the spaceball issue.

Mrattray, Pedrosouza7530 - if you can confirm your some of your identity used when sending in your crash resports, I will take a look at what issues you are seeing.

As a final note, I would encourage everyone reading this thread to always send in every single crash report you are presented with, (including a valid email address will help us if we need to follow up with you). Even if you don't have time to add any comments about what you were doing, (which obviously helps us), please, just send them in regardless. We do look at them & use them to decide on the priority of what needs to be fixed.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

What about crashes that do not create the CER?  I've had instances with just the Windows crash report.  Do you get feedback from MS about those?

Message 23 of 37
mrattray

I'll try to start putting a name to them. Usually I'm too PO'd to type out my e-mail.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 24 of 37
danzco
in reply to: mrattray

I typically skip putting my email address in to aviod the canned "send us all your intellectual property" emails.

Message 25 of 37

Excellent, thank you Chris. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 37

The Inventor 2013 "Update1" was just posted:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

I hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous

Chris

no other software to date has caused me so much greif, i just lost 4 hours of work today when it crashed, these issues are not minor they are major as it happens to me 3 times a day atleast, they should have been ironed out during a testing phase. I hope this patch is going to solve the crashing otherwise im seriously going to consider never buying inventor again

Message 28 of 37
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles. If you let me know the email address you use when submitting crash reports, I can take a look to see the status of those issues.

Update1 addressed a lot of crash issues; note that we are also currently beta testing a pre-release version of SP1 which includes Update1 & has multiple other fixes included too. If you would like to try that then let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

chrisDOTmitchellATautodeskDOTcom

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 29 of 37
QuasiMojo

"...we are also currently beta testing a pre-release version of SP1..."

<snark>

It's called Inventor 2013

</snark>

Message 30 of 37
vmcarbonneau
in reply to: QuasiMojo

The update 1 resolved all the issues I had...

Message 31 of 37
gregbeck1811
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

We are giving up and going back to 2012 for our new jobs many are stuck in 2013 as we cannot back save. If that does not work I receive a lot of e-mails from solidworks reps.

Message 32 of 37
mrattray
in reply to: gregbeck1811

I had the opportunity to beta test SP1, and I found that even the beta version fixed the very vast majority of my issues.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 33 of 37
gregbeck1811
in reply to: mrattray

Any thoughts on when SP1 will be released? Are they still looking for beta testers?

Message 34 of 37

SP1 should be released by the end of day, Friday, (US West Coast time). Updates 1 & 2 have already been released & will be incorporated in to SP1. You can get that from:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

If you want to try the SP1 beta build before then just send me an email at chrisDOTmitchellATautodeskDOTcom & I can provide access.

I would also be interested in the issues that are tempting you to revert to 2012.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 35 of 37
mrattray
in reply to: gregbeck1811

It was supposed to be released on the 15th. If memory serves, it was released and then immediately taken down for some reason. Anyways, it should be out any day now. Considering that, I doubt they're looking for any new testers now. If you're interested in beta testing future items you could try e-mailing Dan Szymanski at  danDOTszymanskiATautodeskDOTcom.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

We have the same thing. Inventor 2013 and 2013 SP1 keeps on crashing, sometimes 8 times a day or more, on several machines. When it crashes is not predictable. All PC's are HP,  workstations XW4300, Z400 and Elitebook 8740. PC's have latest updates running.

We use the standard Vault, and we want to go back to 2012, but this is no option because of the Vault update to 2013. Needless to say what to think about that. My co-workers (8 in total using Inventor) keep complaning, and I have no solution!

Looking forward from AutoDesk what the solution will be. What to do with lost time in production?

André

Message 37 of 37
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Anonymous

André,

Unfortunately most of the issues you are now experiencing are related to the problem that caused SP1 to be removed for further download this week. We hope to have an updated SP1.1 released within the next week.

In the meantime you can either stick with SP1 or uninstall it to go back to your previous configuration.

See this thread for info about uninstall:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2013-SP1/td-p/3629426

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report