Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 extremley slow in IDW's

66 REPLIES 66
SOLVED
Message 1 of 67
rhasell
7467 Views, 66 Replies

Inventor 2013 extremley slow in IDW's

Hi

Please can someone help, Hopefully it's a setting or something I have done incorrectly.

When working in detail drawings inventor progessivly gets slower, the more information on the drawing, the worse it gets.

I was watching the task manager, For ANY command, the 1st core runs at 100% for up to 30 seconds, while this is happening, Inventor is dead.

EG, add a revision row, delete a symbol, zoom in or out, pan, add a dimension, move a leader etc.

for each command/move takes 10 to 30 seconds to get control, it took me 45 minutes, to add a revision row and print 15 drawings this morning.

Please help, it realy is slowing me down.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
66 REPLIES 66
Message 61 of 67
swhite
in reply to: rschader

Whenever someone says slow and inventor together in the same sentence bolted connections and derived parts are usually the first culprits. IMO bolted connections need overhauled, it is one of the biggest slowdowns inventor has, unless they have improved it in 2013?

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 62 of 67
rschader
in reply to: swhite

I wouldn't know, I don't use them. I'm one of those guys who puts a note on the drawing that says "Screw and Dowel to suit"! 😉

Message 63 of 67
rhasell
in reply to: rschader

Bolted connections, never used them as I need more control over my BOM. I make my own "Bolted connections", hundreds of bolt/washer/nut assemblies in my own library, also set up as a 'Frequently used subfolder', not a Library folder.

Derived Assemblies, if I wanted a frontal lobotomy, it would not be via Inventor.

The issue with the slow down, was and has been solved by setting my Hardware to "Compatiblity" After each service pack/update I test the performance, but it has not been fixed yet, so I always go back to Compatibility.

Other than that, there are no performance issues at all. (Except for derived assemblies, this option should be removed from the software so that users are not tempted to use it.)

Reg
Message 64 of 67
smetcalfUQ6PF
in reply to: rhasell

Any help/advice for speeding up drawings in 2017?? I'm dying!!

Thanks!

Message 65 of 67
rhasell
in reply to: smetcalfUQ6PF

Hi

Are you able to give some additional information to your problem. The statement is very vague.

What slow down are you experiencing?

Hardware specs

Size of assembly and parts.

Size of drawings, multi sheets etc.

Troubleshooting steps.

Inventor Service packs.

Anything else you can add which may help debug and solve the problem.

Reg
Message 66 of 67
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rhasell

@rhasell

Conversation is happening over here for @smetcalfUQ6PF

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 67 of 67
rhasell
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Cheers, thanks Mark.

Reg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report