Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 - Slow sLow placing an ipart member

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
karthur1
447 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2013 - Slow sLow placing an ipart member

In 2013 and started on a project this morning that shouldnt take me very long, but this is my first complete project that I will be doing in 2013.  Been working for the past week or so just getting all my iparts and assemblies migrated (used Task Scheduler).

Now I try to place one of my iparts in a new assembly.  This is a large ipart with over 16,500 members in the table.  In Inv 2012, when I place this, it would take about 2 minutes for the place component window to come up so I could select which memeber I wanted.  This is about the same in 2013.  Then after I chose the component and clicked in the window to place the member, it was almost instant in 2012.  2013.... thats a totally different story.

I wanted for 5 minutes and gave up, killed the process.  This is not good.

I can drag and drop a member that has already been generated into my assembly and that works pretty good, just not how it "supposed" to work.

So for another workaround, guess I will have to be "generating" all the new members that I want before I try to place them into an assembly.

It worked in 2011 and 2012, but it does not work in 2013 and I'm too far in to go back to 2012 now. Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Got another problem now.... generating the ipart members from the parent ipart.

Anyone who has a ipart with over 1000 members, knows how to hack the registery so they will show up in the browser.  I did that and it took inventor over 30 minutes to display the members.

So I drill down to the member that I want, select it and choose "Generate Member". Its been 10 minutes and I'm still waiting for it to generate.  This is just one part! and I have 10,20, 30.. not really sure, to do.

This is not good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report