Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 SP1

94 REPLIES 94
Message 1 of 95
Anonymous
2882 Views, 94 Replies

Inventor 2013 SP1

Inventor 2013 SP1 is up!

94 REPLIES 94
Message 81 of 95

It happens with Product Deisgn Suite.  2013 has always given us issues so far.  We installed it in August and nothing but issues.  SP1 was installed and it failed right away and Autodesk took it off the market, then I got an email saying SP1.1 was up and installed it on a top users machine for testing and that failed the moment he turned a surface on it crashes.  Its amazing to me because of the specs of the machine.  The size of the model is large so I really cant send it.

We have Product Design Suite Ultimate and Premium.  The issues occur on both suites. 

Message 82 of 95

I sent one on the users machine.  His email address is JCROSS@VIKINGYACHTS.COM That is where the data set is under.

Message 83 of 95

Completely Agree.  This is a prime example of a company becoming to big and being run for the sole purpose of profit.  Everything is driven by Marketing.  As a matter of fact, I'm really surprised they don't have a moderator censoring posts - I can't believe mine are making it up.

At the last company I worked for we were using Inventor and we got a new Engineering Manager - One who actually worked.  He used Inventor for about 2 months and thought it was a complete joke.  So he had the company spend $25K+ on new seats of Solidworks and everyone was SO HAPPY!  By the way,  AutoDesk personel hate the "S" word.  Haha - Their eyes glaze over when you say it. 

In my experience, anyone who is a big Inventor lover - doesn't know any better.  It's not their fault per say, because they probably haven't used anything else - but be open minded and realistic.  It's like saying Frozen Dinner GMO Chicken is better than fresh cut Grass Feed, Hormone Free New York Strips - Just because you've never eat steak before. [Not a great analogy, but you get the point]

Anyway - I'm done ranting.  Good luck to everyone.

P.S.  AUTODESK: YOUR PRIVACY POLICY IS RIDICULOUS.

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 84 of 95
johnsonshiue
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

Hi! Could you send me an email (address found in my signature below) so I can set up a secure account for you? I would like to take a look at the files and the workflow.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 85 of 95
exSWX
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I rolled out SP1.1 on 10 workstations and have had no reports of any issues since. It appears to be more stable than the original build.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 86 of 95
mferrara
in reply to: Anonymous

I installed Sp1, now I can't view the texture of my material coulor. The parts are simply colored with uniform color, if I uninstall Sp1, everything works fine.

Message 87 of 95
yeakelme
in reply to: mferrara

mferrara,

Take a look at the link below about textures by Chris Mitchell.  Maybe this will help lead you to a solution.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2013-projects-over-networks/m-p/3662384#M45...

Regards,

Mark

Regards,

Mark
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk PDSU 2016 Ultimate, Inventor Professional 2016 Build: 236, SP2 Update 1
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Ver. 1607, Build 14393.1198
Dell Latitude E6530; 16 GB RAM; Core i7-3520M 0 2.90 GHz, 2.90 GHz
NVIDIA NVS 5200M, driver 376.54; SpaceNavigator, driver 10.3.0
Message 88 of 95

Can you elaborate further as to what exactly happens since installing SP1.1 ? Do you mean that you're not seeing textures in parts/assemblies after you installed SP1.1 or is this an issue when looking at the contents of your appearance library ?

Do you have any screenshots with/without the SP ? If you look at the in document appearances, do you see any errors about image files not being found ? Easiest way is to use the large thumbnail view & then you'll see the warning icon immediately.

Please provide additional info so that we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Chris 

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 89 of 95

Inventor Pro SP1.1 is running considerably slower than 2012 SP2 in Parts & Assemblies.  Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Also, can anyone tell me why my Content Center Parts which were placed in my Assemblies using Inventor Pro 2012 will not link over when those original 2012 Assembly Files are opened in 2013?

Is there a proper way to re-link these Content Center Parts?

JB

BOXX 4920 XTREME
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
"BEAST MODE"
Message 90 of 95
SBix26
in reply to: DesignerNinja

Go back to your 2012 project file (File Options > Content Center Files) or Application Options (File > Default Content Center files) and find out where those files were placed.  Then you can copy them to the location for 2013.  Or, better yet, establish a location that makes sense for the future and put them there.  If your work is very much project oriented, then you might want the CC files in your project structure, defined by each project.  If you are more product oriented, then a common location on a network drive would be better, with the path set by App Options.  In either case, Inventor treats the CC files location as read-only.

Message 91 of 95
QuasiMojo
in reply to: SBix26

Thanks for the details. I should be set for the next fire drill. Much appreciated, Andrew
Message 92 of 95
michaeldavis7418
in reply to: Anonymous

I was having isue's with SP1 on severa machines. Any medium to large assemblies and to be saved and opened several times and hour to avoid crashing.

Now we have that issue resolved with SP1.1 ... now I can't hatch ..it uses up all of the resources and ram till it crashes/lockes up the pc's.

This is on more than one ... and they are all I7, 8 gig systems ..with great cards in them ... so it's not the pc's

Michael Davis
Charlotte, NC

Work ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit ~ i7 20gb
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700

Home ~ Inventor Ultimate 2013 SP1.1
Win 7 64bit i7 - 16gb
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
240g Kingston HyperX SSD
Message 93 of 95
DesignerNinja

Thanks for the response.  I was able to make your 1st option work.  In 2013, I went to Application Options and set my Content Center path to my 2012 location and all assemblies open up with their respective hardware - AWESOME - THANK YOU!

I also understand what you are saying about having the Content Center on a server in a central location.  I am the only Mech Designer at my company and have been pulling Content Center parts from my harddrive.

What I don't understand is why I need to copy my 2012 Content Center Files to this central location - I mean, when a new release of Inventor comes out, do I need to keep copying the previous years Content Center to this location?

Is there a way to make my OLD Content Center assemblies work with the latest release Content Center???

I'm a bit ignorant on this aspect of Inventor, apologies in advance if I'm not understanding you. . .

Johnny

BOXX 4920 XTREME
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
"BEAST MODE"
Message 94 of 95
SBix26
in reply to: DesignerNinja

What we're working with is two different locations.  One is the libraries location, where all the "recipes" are kept.  The other is the generated components that actually get made from the recipes and appear in your assemblies. 

The first is, in your case, the Desktop Content Libraries, which are installed on your hard drive when Inventor is installed.  It's fine right where it is, as long as you backup any custom libraries you create, and migrate them from one version to the next.

The second is where you ran into problems, because the default location for the generated components is on your hard drive under your User profile, by version.  So when you get a new version, you have to start over, or copy the stuff from the previous version's repository.  That's why I recommend establishing another location for those components, either with the other project stuff, or in a more central location, depending on the kind of work you do.

Message 95 of 95
DesignerNinja

Ohhhhh. . .

That was a really good explanation.  Makes a lot more sense - I'll try to set this up as you are recommending.

Thanks Sam.

John

BOXX 4920 XTREME
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
"BEAST MODE"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report