Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 SP1

94 REPLIES 94
Message 1 of 95
Anonymous
2893 Views, 94 Replies

Inventor 2013 SP1

Inventor 2013 SP1 is up!

94 REPLIES 94
Message 41 of 95
jgodar
in reply to: mrattray

Unfortunately SP1 is temporarily unavailable for download at this time.  We seem to be running ok at this time but will install as soon as available.

Thanks!

Message 42 of 95
mrattray
in reply to: jgodar

I still have the installers for both 64bit and 32bit versions...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 43 of 95
japike
in reply to: mrattray

I've seen no perceptable increase speed or decrease in stability with SP1.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 44 of 95
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: japike

IMO the beta service pack was more stable then the released one.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 45 of 95

All,

A few comment to share:

• The best way to really know what you have installed for any application, not just Inventor, is to look at Control panel, Add/Remove or Uninstall Programs & hit "View Installed updates"; this will show you all hotfixes, updates, SP's etc. (See attached) Many products only update their Help About major version when considerable changes are made, Eg with a major SP. Inventor 2013 will show build 138 if you have the release version, update1 or update2 installed. It will show build 170 SP1 if you installed the SP version. The "to be released" version will show SP1.1 with the final build number, (hopefully 176).

• In so many cases with Inventor, because it is used in such diverse ways, everyone will likely have very different experiences with functionality, stability, performance, etc, etc as this thread shows. The memory management problem, that really caused SP1 to be taken down, considerably impacted many users, but not all, so some of you feel that build 170 is more stable than others do. We decided to err on the side of caution & fix the issue for everyone.

• There will only be minimal code changes between build 170 & the "to be released" version so any performance improvements that were witnessed should still be there.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 46 of 95
richiesuk

any news regarding the date for downgrading update???

updatezzz providingzzzzzz

this is the most unstable INV so far...but is looks shiny ,hurray Woman Indifferent

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 47 of 95
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: richiesuk

Bearing in mind that we use this software to make a living is it too low brow to suggest autodesk pull their finger out and  take this software seriously...

spend some time on getting the basic stuff working properly and forget the shiny stuff until you get it right.  I would have thought AD would have learnt from their past oversights by now.

perhaps that is a bit harsh. I will apologise

tomorrow.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 48 of 95
chucksavatsky
in reply to: richiesuk

Hi,

We are currently on track for releasing an updated Inventor 2013 SP1 in mid October.  The expectation is that this will be made available some time next week.  I want to apologize for any inconvenience that this delay has caused.  Please know that we are working diligently to resolve the issues that were found in Inventor 2013 and doing everything possible to get these fixes made available as soon as possible.

Regards,

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck Savatsky
Director Software Development Inventor
Autodesk
Message 49 of 95
chucksavatsky

Hi,

Inventor 2013 SP1.1 has now been released.

It can be downloaded from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20442029&linkID=9242019.

Regards,

Chuck Savatsky
Director Software Development Inventor
Autodesk
Message 50 of 95
richiesuk

get ready Guinea Pigs 😄

Message 51 of 95
Ryan.Martinez

Installed so far ive made it 2 minutes with out a crash! Robot surprised

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 52 of 95
richiesuk
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

must be world record 🙂

Robot LOL

Message 53 of 95
DesignerNinja
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

I agree Mark - and NO, you're not being too harsh.  AutoDesk is in complete denial that they actually have the WORST 3D Parametric Modeling software on the Market.

And the reason for that is just as you have stated - They won't get the BASIC Functions / Functionality of the software to work correctly!  Focus less on Marketing & more on Your Products.

Inventor has a LONG laundry list of issues that just keeps getting longer and NEVER get fixed or addressed.

Look the fact is that if AutoDesk will Release INVENTOR 2013 and then have to issue a SERVICE PACK [That doesn't even work properly] - 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE YEAR 2013 even gets here, What does that say?

THEY DON'T CARE - Because they don't have to!  It's Ridiculous & Embarrassing.

I have lost any hope of them making Inventor better.

Yes I'm going to say the "S" Word here - SOLIDWORKS - Blows Inventor OUT OF THE WATER.

Johnny

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 54 of 95
telambert
in reply to: Anonymous

My Application Options were reset after installing SP1.1. Is that normal?

Message 55 of 95
DarrenP
in reply to: telambert

i hope not

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 56 of 95

First bug encoutered !

The bug is repeatable and is present on at least 2 machines. If someone can reproduce it, it would be nice. Here it is:

When you edit a weldment in context, double click a weld to edit it, you get a pop-up saying :"Access violation - no RTTI data" then, Inventor is broken, it doesn't crash but you have to close it. If you edit a weld not in context it's ok.

I like it

Message 57 of 95
DesignerNinja

My Application Options came through unchange after update.

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 58 of 95
QuasiMojo

telambert,

My application options reset randomly, which must be normal since Autodesk doesn't seem to have a problem with it. It must be a feature.  As such, SP1 is just giving you more of what you must want: default settings.  Why would you customize anyway?  You don't like perfection?

Message 59 of 95
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: QuasiMojo

No change here. Still an Autodesk fan boy

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 60 of 95
telambert
in reply to: QuasiMojo

This is the first time I have seen that feature. I am just glad it did not reset my ribbon changes and keyboard shortcuts.

Of course, Murphy probably trolls these forums and will read this one.

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report