Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 (PDSP) FEA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kprudnikov
649 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013 (PDSP) FEA

Hi there,

I've searched through the forum a bit and it seemes that I have this common issue with having no stress analyzis (replaced with optimization) in Inventor 2013 (Product design suite premium 2013).

So my question is - is it possible to purchase an add-on or module for static stress analyzis?

The thing is that all mold-flow-dynamic-optimization whatever are totally useless for me. What I need is simple static stress analyzis with few constraints and one load.

If yes - could you please give me the link or a contact person and a price.

If not - what's are the options, given that I already have product design suite premium.

Or, maybe I'm missing something and I have this stress analyzis button hidden somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: kprudnikov

FEA within Inventor is only in the Professional version. You would need to contact your reseller VAR about the upgrade. Look to un-install your existing version and install the new "Pro" version. It would use different Key and Serial Numbers.

http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/compare/

Check under your Environments Tab, if you have the Product Design Suite, you should have FEA, as the Design Suite ships with Inventor Professional.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
kprudnikov
in reply to: blair

There's an asterix in the table which means "*Features presented are for Product Design Suite Ultimate edition" - I have Premium version, which has just everything except one obviuos and necessary thing.

And of course it's a bit frustrating, that you have to purchase thousand unnecessary features just to get one that you really need -it would be much better to have options and to be able to pay less and to get less features, but to be able to choose features you really need. I guess that's what marketing is about.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: kprudnikov

You could just buy the Professional version without all the other stuff

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report