Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 - Missing export file types

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
jneal
1280 Views, 15 Replies

Inventor 2013 - Missing export file types

I have a customer that is trying to export a file out as an STP file. When he brings up the Export or Save As dialog boxes none of the normal model file types are listed. I have had him do a Repair and a Reinstall of INV 2013 which did not fix the problem. 

Any ideas? See attached-

Thanks

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
mcgyvr
in reply to: jneal

go to...tools..addins.. translators tab.. What does it say or show a pic of that dialog..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 16
jneal
in reply to: mcgyvr

So... the add in manager won't even load. You click on the +Add Ins button and it still highlights like its not open/loaded. That's strange for it to do that right after a fresh reinstall...

Any other ideas? 🙂

Thanks

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 4 of 16
mcgyvr

@jneal wrote:

So... the add in manager won't even load. You click on the +Add Ins button and it still highlights like its not open/loaded. That's strange for it to do that right after a fresh reinstall...

Any other ideas? 🙂

Thanks

Jess

And now we are back to..

Did you follow the recommended procedures for installing Inventor

Turn of UAC, Turn off Antivirus, blah blah blah..

Is the user a power user or admin?

What if you log in as a different user? (aka a full admin user)

blah blah blah again... 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 16
jneal

Everthing was working a couple weeks ago, no issues so installation was performed correctly. This cropped up in the last few days. I had him log on to a different windows user profile and everything works fine. I will assume there is something corrupt in the original user profile. 

Any way to troubleshoot that or is it just easier to have them log onto the new profile?

Thanks for your help mcgyvr-

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 6 of 16
blair

Use the File>Export>Cad Format and not the Save-As

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 16
jneal
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:
Use the File>Export>Cad Format and not the Save-As

Thanks blair...  but did you bother to read anything in this thread before you posted?

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 8 of 16
blair

Yes, did you look at the picture posted, they are using the "Save Copy As". You can't export to STL or IGES using the Save Copy As.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 16
jneal

@Blair wrote:
Yes, did you look at the picture posted, they are using the "Save Copy As". You can't export to STL or IGES using the Save Copy As.

I'm the original poster so I know what the picture looks like. See the new one I just attached. You CAN save as IGES and STL from the Save Copy As box. I just did it in 2013 and 2014 about 30 seconds ago...

All that is beside the point though. I stated in the original post that my customer tried both ways (Export and Save Copy As) and it did not show the standard file types. 

Thanks for trying to help though blair. I appreciate it. 😉

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 10 of 16
blair

Is your customer on Win8.1

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 16
jneal

@Blair wrote:
Is your customer on Win8.1

No. Win 7 Pro

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 12 of 16
blair

Have then try logging in as a different user, one with Admin Privileges and see if anything changes. Possibly a bad user profile.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 16
mcgyvr

**** blair.. too much drinking on new years for you? you are just out of it today...

First-- It IS "save copy as" that allows the export formats the OP wants..

Second-- He already stated if he logs on as a different user everything is fine..

To the OP

I don't know how to go about troubleshooting a user profile when its only screwing up Inventor.. so I would just copy it (and see if that fixes it..doubt it) or create a new one/let him use another one..

Message 14 of 16
jneal

@mcgyvr wrote:

**** blair.. too much drinking on new years for you? you are just out of it today...

First-- It IS "save copy as" that allows the export formats the OP wants..

Second-- He already stated if he logs on as a different user everything is fine..

To the OP

I don't know how to go about troubleshooting a user profile when its only screwing up Inventor.. so I would just copy it (and see if that fixes it..doubt it) or create a new one/let him use another one..

Thanks for your help mcgyvr. Im just going to have him transfer his info over to a new profile...  Hapy New Year!

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 15 of 16
bob_holland

Gentlemen,

I have attached a PDF to assist you in resetting a user's Inventor Environment.

Happy New Years.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 16 of 16
jneal
in reply to: bob_holland

@bob.holland wrote:

Gentlemen,

I have attached a PDF to assist you in resetting a user's Inventor Environment.

Happy New Years.

Thanks Bob! Saved for future reference... 

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report