Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Maxing out CPUs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jschmidgall
501 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2013 Maxing out CPUs

I started using Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013 in September 2012.  I am using the program to build large assemblies, (i.e. 5,000 occurrences, 1,600 open documents in a session.) My computer freezes and/or crashes multiple times a day, rendering the assemblies jacks my CPU usage to 100%.

If I try to load the assemblies into Showcase, the program will freeze in the converting process.

I worked for 2 days without any other programs open to see if that made a difference, but the results were the same.

I would appreciate suggestions on what to try next.

My Operating System:

Windows Pro 64-bit

Quad Graphics card with Autodesk approved drivers

8GB RAM

Thank You!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: jschmidgall

More system information would help. Possible sounds like a bad installation.

You followed the following on installaiton:

1.) logged in with Adminstrative privideges

2.) UAC slider set to lowest position

3.) depending on your Anti-Virus software, you disabled the A/V software

4.) you are current on all Windows SP's and Hot-fixes

5.) you have .Net 4 on your system

6.) Your Windows user profiles are fine (possibly try creating or switching to a different user

7.) All hardware is fine, may require a system shut-down. check all memory boards and graphics boards are properly seated (they or one may have come loose and un-seated.

8.) the inside of the case is properly blown out and clean

9.) Inventor and Showcase are current on as SP, Inventor is SP1.1 and Showcase is SP3 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
LT.Rusty

5,000 occurrences, 1,600 open documents in a session?!?!?!?!?!

My computer acts like that with 65 occurrences and 25 open documents!

Rusty

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
jschmidgall
in reply to: blair

Company IT personnel took care of the installation. We made several more updates this morning to see if it improves.

See added notes to your inquiries:

1.) logged in with Adminstrative privideges : (It was logged in as Administrator)

2.) UAC slider set to lowest position : (This a.m.)

3.) depending on your Anti-Virus software, you disabled the A/V software : (This a.m.)

4.) you are current on all Windows SP's and Hot-fixes : (All latest SP's and Hot-fixes updated this a.m.)

5.) you have .Net 4 on your system : (Yep, 4.5 to be exact)

6.) Your Windows user profiles are fine (possibly try creating or switching to a different user : (Have not attempted this yet)

7.) All hardware is fine, may require a system shut-down. check all memory boards and graphics boards are properly seated (they or one may have come loose and un-seated. : (This would cause major problems in other areas as well. Other programs have been running fine.)

8.) the inside of the case is properly blown out and clean : (The system is brand new, case is clean.)

9.) Inventor and Showcase are current on as SP, Inventor is SP1.1 and Showcase is SP3: (Latest updates this a.m.)

Also: Disabled Windows 7 effects.

Upgraded NVIDIA Graphics Driver to 276.42

Message 5 of 6
jschmidgall
in reply to: LT.Rusty

The model does not include any fasteners,cables, electrical wiring or hose routing.

I still need to render the model and run it through Inventor Studio.

Message 6 of 6
blair

The first 5-6 points should have been done prior to the installation and won't help now unless you do a repair or un-install and re-install.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report