Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Failed to mesh

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
rschwartz
2229 Views, 32 Replies

Inventor 2013 Failed to mesh

Every time I try to mesh a part, no matter the geometry, I get a very general mesh failed error.  I have followed the procedures listed in the following thread: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Error-1-Solid-meshing-no-further-information-availab...

But have had no success.  I have included a screen shot of the failure with a very simple test extrusion.Mesh_Failed.JPG

Has anyone else had this error?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
henderh
in reply to: DWEN

Hi Dirk,

Can you try these for us?

1)  Ensure that the FEAComputeserver.exe file exists (e.g. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\FEAComputeServer.exe)

2)  Open an assembly with at least two components, and run the Automatic Contacts command (this will take meshing out of the picture) => do you get the FEAComputeServer error?

3)  Ensure that you used the registry key I attached.  Because, if there is a space like the command I pasted in it may not work.  Check to see if log file gets created in C:\Temp.  It is really surpising that the log file is not there if the registry key is set correctly.

Also, it would be great if you can send me an email (hughDOThendersonATautodeskDOTcom) so we can set up a screen sharing session.  We tried calling you in Holland, but only rings and no pickup.  

Thanks! -Hugh (& John Z. from Development)

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 22 of 33
DWEN
in reply to: henderh

Did you get my mail?

I am sorry , maybe I have to stop working. My wife is complayning.

(Here it is 22u19 and I worked the hole day) I will try to answer youre mails.

Message 23 of 33
rschwartz

Hugh,

I have added the registry keys you posted earlier, and I have attached the generated log file. I have also tried completely uninstalling and then re-installing inventor on the administrator account (it was installed originally with an account that has administrator priviledges, but I changed accounts just to be sure). The reinstall did not solve the issue.

Thank you for your assitance thus far.

Rob

Message 24 of 33
henderh
in reply to: rschwartz

Hi Rob,

I could be missing something, but don't see your FEAComputeSever.log file attachment from C:\Temp.  I've attached an example to this reply.

DWEN (in Belgium, not Holland) was able to get a successful mesh after uninstall / re-install and disabling anti-virus and firewall(s).  Can you give that a whirl too?

Thanks! -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 25 of 33
rschwartz

Hi Hugh,

Sorry! I think I just forgot to attach it. It should be there now.

Rob

Message 26 of 33
henderh

Hi Rob,

Got it.  We've looked it over and it seems that the meshed failed for 'body 3'.  This leads us to believe there is an issue in our volume mesher for this particular model.  Would it be possible to send us a copy of the model?

Can you confirm that the meshing / solving can work for a very simple model like a cuboid?

Thanks! -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 27 of 33
DWEN

De-install inventor and install it agen without firewall and virusscanner worked for me. FEM is working agen

Message 28 of 33
DWEN

Today bad news.

Started my computer agen, checked my mails (outlook) and then same problem agen. (no mesh)

Started my computer without outlook start,  started inventor. Problem is still there.

Please help.

Message 29 of 33
henderh
in reply to: DWEN

Hi DWEN,

If you disable the firewall and anti-virus, then launch Inventor does the meshing work once again?

We suspect that either the installed anti-virus or firewall is blocking FEAComputeServer.exe from working.

We suggest trying to make an exception for this *.exe in those programs to allow it to run without restraint.

Please let us know if this works or not.

Thanks! -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 30 of 33
rschwartz

Hugh,

The model I am using is posted earlier in the thread (my second post). I unfortuntately did not keep the file as it was just a test part. I have attached a part that is a recreation of it to this post.

As well, this error occurs on any geometry I create, including a simple cylinder or cube. Fortunately, our other Inventor 2013 machine is able to mesh, etc. with no problems, so the problem seems contained to either the machine/hardware or the inventor installation (although we have tried reinstalling multiple times now). As well, we have tried reinstalling and running with anything remotely antivirus/firewall related turned off, but to no effect.

Thanks for your help so far,

Rob

Message 31 of 33
DWEN

Last mont I had some problems with meshing. It turned out to be the panda virusscanner. Yesterday I did the service pack of inventor 2013. And agen no meshing. (even without panda virus scanner)

I am realy sick of these problems!

Message 32 of 33
henderh

We have a similar issue reported through our product support channel, and Development has determined the cause.

I'm not sure if this is the same reason, that the meshing is not working on your machine, but it may be worth a try:

• Create the following System Environment variables (Windows Start menu => type in search 'Environment'

GHS3D_SOC008=NF0008

GHS3D_TERA=TERAC

GHS3D_LANG=english

It could be that UAC control on your system is preventing these environment variables to be set temporarily by Inventor.

I hope this helps, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Message 33 of 33
rschwartz

Hugh,

I created the system variables that you listed.  Inventor is still failing to mesh.  Please let me know if you can think of anything else to try.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report