Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Edit Title Block Definition Crash

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mwadkins12
1232 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor 2013 Edit Title Block Definition Crash

Okay, has anyone other than me had the issue of Inventor crashing when you attempt to edit a .idw's title block in Inventor 2013? Every time I attempt to edit a title block, Inventor will attempt to think for a second and just crash. I've updated to update 4 for SP2 in an attempt to curb the issue, however, it doesn't help. Unfortunately, I am stuck with 2013 and upgrading at this time is not an option.

Anyone have any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: mwadkins12

Welcome to the forums!

This is not normal behavior.  I think more information is need, such as how the titleblock is populated (what properties etc), as well as maybe your system specs, and are you using any form of Vault?

Maybe post a small drawing and part model which exhibits the behavior so we can have a look for ourselves?

Message 3 of 11
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

Like Chris said this is not normal behavior.  I am running 2013 at work and have been in and out of editing the definition of a titleblock while I am creating new formats.

When you say editing the title block, are you talking about the edit definition under the layout in the browser?  Do you have iproperties in your title block?

I guess I just want a clearer definition of what you mean when you say you are editing the title block.

Do you have any other files open in Inventor while doing this?  Is anyone else in your department experiencing this same behavior?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 11
mwadkins12
in reply to: Cadmanto

This is happening when attempting to edit the definition of a default Inventor title block. I did not have any other files open in Inventor when this has been happening, nor do I have any other programs running at the same time due to the lack of power that I am stuck with. This is at work so I am limited, per se, on being able to select a computer that I would find satisfactory. Unfortunately, I am running a i5 (quad core) processor @ 3.2GHz, 4 GB of ram (inside a 32 bit Win7 OS) without a supported video card (i.e. AMD Radeon HD 7570) [without the /3gb switch]. As much as I do not care for the /3gb switch, I did attempt to rework the same issue with it activated; however, that only created more issues and I had to disable it. 

I wish that I was able to try and troubleshoot this on a co-worker's computer, but I am the only one working inside Inventor with the Product Design Suite (everyone else works primarily in Electrical). And as a final note, none of us are using Vault (even though I constantly suggest it).

Message 5 of 11
mwadkins12

This is all that I'm trying to do.

Message 6 of 11
cbenner

OK,... seeing your video helps a lot.  I have seen and experienced this before.  I never did find a fix for it, so I'd be very interested in wether we come up with one here.  I know that I have not seen this since upgrading to 2015.  but as this is not an option for you I'm hoping someone has an idea.  Try editing the definition of any User Defined Symbol and see of that causes it as well.

Message 7 of 11
mwadkins12
in reply to: cbenner

I am able to create and edit symbols fine. Interesting thing happened though (and who knows how long it'll last), but after creating a new symbol, I was able to get inventor to open the title block definition. We will see how long this lasts.

Message 8 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! When it crashes, did you submit the crash report with your email address? If yes, please send me an email directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com) and I will take a look at the report.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! I saw your crash report. It seems to be related to 3DConnexion Add-In (Space Navigator). The issue has been addressed in R2015 but I am not certain if the fix has been applied to prior releases. Could you try unloading 3DConnexion Add-In and see if the crash is avoided afterwards? If yes, it will help confirm you are seeing the same thing as the known issue I am talking about.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 11

MAtt,

This is caused by your 3D Connexion driver (build 10.0.20 or 10.0.22 ?). If you disable that before editing the title block it will not crash.

If you revert to driver 3.17.6 then you should be OK.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 11

Reverting to 3.16.3 (since 3.17.6 wasn't listed on their website) took care of that issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report