Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Crash on opening New File

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tlerchenfeld
1059 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2013 Crash on opening New File

Hello all,

I've recently installed Inventor 2013, along with Service Pack 2.

I'm having an issue where whenever I click the "New" button to open up the dialog box, Inventor is crashing.

This does not happen when opening files, and does not happen if i click the drop-down arrow next to new and select an assembly/drawing/etc.

I'm STUCK!

I've tried disabling all add-ons to see if it was one of those...no change.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 3 of 10
tlerchenfeld
in reply to: cbenner

I'm not sure how to check this.

I do know that the problem is related to the project that is set up.  Anytime I try to open a new file with these projects, it crashes.  I can go back to the default project and I don't get this crash.

With that said, I have multiple other users using the same project file without the crashes.

Message 4 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: tlerchenfeld

Without any files open click on Projects

Expand the Folder Options

Default Templates.PNG

Are you using the Default templates or are you using custom templates stored locally or on a server?

Of course Inventor should not crash even if these are not here, but if using the Default templates check this path and verify that they are there (exact names - no renaming).

Templates Path.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
tlerchenfeld
in reply to: JDMather

Yes,

This points to a network share folder (R:\Templates).  Again, I have 5 other engineers looking at these same templates, none of which are having this issue.

Message 6 of 10
cbenner

The next question then, is:  Is this a new issue?  Were you able to get to these templates, and then it stopped working, or is this a new setup and it has never worked?  Might point to a network permission problem?

Message 7 of 10
tlerchenfeld
in reply to: cbenner

This particular problem coincided with an update to Service Pack 2 on Inventor 2013.

Permissions are wide open on this network share to make sure that wasn't causing an issue.

Message 8 of 10
blair

If you log in to this machine as a different user, does the problem remain?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
tlerchenfeld
in reply to: blair

Yes, if I log in as a Domain Admin on the machine, and select the same project -- it still crashes.

This project is ported from Inventor 2010.

I also noticed there were some libraries it was referencing that it couldnt find, so i removed the reference to these libraries in the project.  Still no luck.

Message 10 of 10
blair

Can you create a new Project file that replicates the existing Project file and see what happens.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report