Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Autodesk User certification

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Lhann
636 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2013 Autodesk User certification

I am new to Inventor and have trained on Inventor 2010 with my company.

I am not sure how easy or difficult the basic exam is.

Would I still be able to pass Inventor 2013 Autodesk user exam soon after training?

Or, should I take more time to get familiar with Inventor?

Should I get up to speed with Inventor 2013 first?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Lhann

Check the links here https://autodesk.starttest.com/

particularly the Certification Information links

....this seems to change every year, but I don't think there is still a User exam, not sure if there is still an Associate exam.

Before attempting the Professional exam I recommend that you feel supremely confident in your Inventor capabilities before attempting.  When you are ready, you will know.

Make sure that in addition to the modeling environments that you also know drawing enviroment - things like BOM, Hole Tables.... everthing there.

If you are attending AU , they usually offer the exams for free. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
LT.Rusty
in reply to: JDMather

For 2013, at least, there was only Certified Professional.  No more Certified User or Certified Associate.  Not sure if that will remain the same for 2014.

I wouldn't recommend trying to take the test as a beginner if you're paying for it.  If you go to AU, you'll get to take the test for free, and in that case absolutely - I'd say take it, and see what happens.  You'll at least get an idea of where you need to work on things.

THAT SAID, if you've got a decent amount of experience - and I believe the recommendation was 400 hours of use, but don't ask me where I saw that - the test is RIDICULOUSLY easy.  (Full disclosure: when I took the test, I was sitting at around 6,000 hours of Inventor use, versions 2009-2013.  I and another guy from my company took the 2013 certification test at AU2012.  We both finished in under an hour, and both passed with flying colors.  There were a few things there that I hadn't done much with in the past, but NOT a lot.

For me, 90% of the stuff on the Inventor 2013 Certified Professional exam is stuff I'd expect any entry-level employee to be able to do.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
ravikmb5
in reply to: LT.Rusty

I took 2014 certification today and I was cleared exam within a hour 

It was nice experience 

Now I am Autodesk inventor 2014 certified professional 

This forum really helped to learn lot of stuff.

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 5 of 5
LT.Rusty
in reply to: ravikmb5

Congratulations!

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report