Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012... missing prompt

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
karthur1
1336 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor 2012... missing prompt

When I open an assembly yesterday in Inventor 2012, I get the "Changes have been made to some assembly components since ...blah, blah, blah".  I checked the "Do not show this message again EVER" and clicked "Yes".  Thought that would be the end of it.

Today, seen the same message. So I went to the application options and noticed that this prompt is not listed under the prompts tab (or at least I couldnt find it).  It is there in 2011.  Is there another way I can kill this prompt?

I am using Inventor 2012, SP1.

2012_mmissing_prompt.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dave.anderson
in reply to: karthur1

If you do not have an option to suppress the warning at the time it's available, and there is no longer an option to select it in option then I'm hard pressed to think of a way to avoid it.

I wish I had a better idea but, you could use this link to request that it be added back:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 13
karthur1
in reply to: dave.anderson

Dave,

Thats what I was trying to explain.... maybe I didnt do to good of a job.  When the message came up, I did have options so I picked to "NEVER" show the prompt again.

When I seen that prompt again, I wanted to see how it was set in the app options.  When I could not find it there, then I knew something was hosed.

Message 4 of 13
Pauli666

Bump.

Not holding my breath at all but,

I get this message almost every assy I open, & guess what I have MADE CHANGES to some components, its part of the job I do 🙂

I tick the Do Not Show show this message EVER AGAIN box, guess what, I see this message again.

Will the removal of this prompt be making a comeback in a service pack soon?

ADesk? Dave Anderson? you didn't understand the question/issue correctly, you replied but didn't follow the next reply.

Inventor 2012 Suite 64bit SP1

Gigabyte X58A-UD5 Motherboard

Intel i7 950 @ 3.06GHz

6GB DDR3 2000MHz

500GB Seagate SATA HDD

Inno3D Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 (Driver 8.17.12.8562 (15Oct11))

Win7 Pro 64bit

SpaceNavigator (10.0.11)

Message 5 of 13
dave.anderson
in reply to: Pauli666

If you had made a selection to the prompt initially, and now would like to change it, you could try deleting the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion16.0 key to force the defaults to copy from HKLM at next launch.

I've logged this with development for investigation to determine if there is a way to add it back,.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 13
karthur1
in reply to: dave.anderson

Dave,

I deleted the key like you suggested. Then started 2012 and opened an assy.  When the "Changes have been made to some assembly components..." came up, I checked the "Do not show this message again ever", then picked "Yes".  The assembly opened.  I closed it, then closed Inventor.  I checked the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion16.0\System\Preferences\Prompts and there is no entry there for "Changes have been made to some assembly components..." key.

If I make changes in the Tools>Application options>Prompts, those changes are written to the \\\RegistryVersion16.0\System\Preferences\Prompts folder.  For some reason, the prompt in question does not ever write anything to the registry.  Guess that is why I have to do this everytime I close\reopen 2012.

Works fine in 2011, but not in 2012.

Message 7 of 13
guido_66

Exactly the same problem here, Inventor 2012 SP1, Win7-64 bit.

Message 8 of 13
michalWDI

Blah, blah, blah.

Nobody in Autodesk can fix it!

The prompt is incredibly anyoing. Appears with almost each assembly I open (Inv 2012).
Can someone fix it?! Stupid question, hahaha.

They will force you to buy next version of the software (so called SUITE Smiley LOL) soon, but you can be sure, the problem will still ocur.

Message 9 of 13
SeanFarr

Just tried this in 2014, (never really bothered so I never disabled the prompt.)

-Opened up an random assembly (400 parts)

-prompt appeared, clicked never show me this again

-saved assembly

-closed assembly, reopened assembly and no prompt

-closed inventor, reopened inventor and same assembly, no prompt

-opened up few other assemblies and no prompt, only thing i haven't tried is restarting the computer and trying the same procedure, should be OK though.

possibly fixed in newer release?!?!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 10 of 13
karthur1
in reply to: SeanFarr

Thats interesting about 2014. I just checked the prompts in 2014 (Tools>App Options, Prompts tab) to see if that warning was there.  I could not find it, so, I am not sure how you would even be seeing that prompt.

Do you see it in the list?  Here is a shot of the 2014 list (its the same in 2013, BTW). The "Changes have been made to some assembly components...." should be right there where the arrow is. 

2013-07-30_1207.png

I also checked the prompts list in 2013 and its not there either.  In 2013, if I make changes to my parts, close them, then open the referencing assembly (trying to force the prompt), I do not see the "Changes have been made...." prompt.

I was thinking that they took this out of Inventor.  Why would you want to open your assembly and NOT see the changes?  That was one of the fist things that I would check to NEVER show again when I first installed Inventor.

Glad they got it fixed....

Message 11 of 13
SeanFarr

Hmm, something odd, mine shows the prompt?!

changes.png

Sean Farr

Message 12 of 13
karthur1
in reply to: SeanFarr

Now that is strange.   I was at update#1 and was not sure what update you had installed. I installed update #2 and rechecked.   Nope, its still not there.

I noticed you are using 2014 x64, but what update? 

Heres what I have installed.

2013-07-30_1240.png

Message 13 of 13
SeanFarr

I didn't realize there was an update 2 available. However I just installed it and it seems to make no difference...

changes2.png

Sean Farr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report