Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 .ipn issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
danielw88
2510 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 .ipn issues

I have been exploding an assembly in a presentation file and i have run into a few issues which i dont know if is unique to my computer? or if other people have seen it as well?

First, when an item or part gets right clicked and the visibility option "un-checked", right clicking on the part in the model tree and trying to re-activate visibility doesn't work. The part remains invisible and the only way, that i have found, to make it visible again, is to undo the visibility in the first place. This, of course, effectively deletes any steps in between that one and the most current.

Second, if a part is 'tweaked' and the trail is displayed, this is all well and good. If the trail is turned invisible, there is NO option to show the trail again. In inventor 2010, when a trail was made invisible, right clicking on the part showed an option to "show trail". This option doesn't appear. The only trail related option is "hide trail" EVEN WHEN THE TRAIL IS HIDDEN.

Please help. Presentations are integral with my work and these errors are crippling.

Thanks,

-Daniel

ASUS P7P55D-E LX

Intel Core I5 660 3.33 GHz

8GB DDR3 (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Western Digital WD3000HLFS-01G6U4 ATA Device (300GB)

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012 64 Bit - English International

(Inventor Professional 2012 64 Bit)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Blofeld
in reply to: danielw88

I am having the identical issue. Turning off visibilty of a part in the ipn file is a one way road.

I ended up deleting the part from the iam file and then replacing it into the iam file. It immediately showed up again in the ipn file. tedious if you need to do this with many parts, though.

(Running INV 2012 PDS Ultimate on Windows 7 64 bit)

Message 3 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: Blofeld

This is a known problem.

Go to View>User Interface> and turn off Marking Menu.

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 6
danielw88
in reply to: rdyson

Thanks Rdyson,

This fixed both issues.

Message 5 of 6
umashkoor
in reply to: danielw88

I am working on more than 800 parts assembly for presentation. i turned off

Visibility of some part I spend 2 days on thatSmiley Happy now I cannot turned on visibility of some partSmiley Mad. Anyone there who have the solution of it????????????????????????????

Message 6 of 6
umashkoor
in reply to: umashkoor

If I return on previous version can I resolve this problem ????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report