Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 'hanging' at the splash screen

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
deepakr
382 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2012 'hanging' at the splash screen

Hi there

We have an engineer running Inventor 2012 (Premium Suite) on a Windows 7, 64-bit machine.

He's experiencing an issue where once he starts Inventor, it doesnt proceed past the splash screen.

If I then log onto his machine, Inventor loads fine without a problem.

If this engineer then logs onto another workstation, Inventor works fine for him on that machine.

Quite boggled by this, I have searched high and low for a solution.

I have tried deleting the .cas file, no joy; this is a stand-alone installation.

I also reported this to our re-seller since we have a support agreement with them - they recommended a system restore; we felt that this was a lame reply since they didnt even ask for any log files.

They also recommended a registry 'hack' - the solution in the link below was recommended.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Crash-on-Startup-Inventor-2011/td-p/2868940

We tried this, the problem still persists.

We also created a new profile for this user, still no success.

I get a feeling that a full re-installation might be the only way forward bar a system restore.

According to our subscription support engineer, there are chances that this issue might not be resolved even with a full re-installation.

Could someone please help me out? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dee

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Inv_kaos
in reply to: deepakr

"I get a feeling that a full re-installation might be the only way forward bar a system restore."

If you try the system restore make sure you export your licence first but it could do more harm than good. Sounds like it is a problem with the user account, you could create a new account to test it but i would think a clean install would be the better solution.

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report