Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 cannot save copy as DXF or DWG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
melmo
4764 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2012 cannot save copy as DXF or DWG

The problem: When trying to Save Copy As: 1) When setting file type to AutoCAD dwg or dxf, Inventor has to "think" for about 30 - 45 seconds (i.e. the hourglass cursor shows up). 2) I press 'Options and Inventor "thinks" for about 30-45 seconds, but nothing happens, no DXF export wizard pops up, so I can't change any export settings.. 3) If I press save anyway, I get an error message: "problems encountered while saving the document" I have tried repairing, reinstalling, and uninstalling inventor but each option fails.
Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: melmo

@melmo wrote:
 I have tried repairing, reinstalling, and uninstalling inventor but each option fails.

Did you originally install with UAC and anti-virus turned off?

Did you use the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions before attempting to do the reinstall (with anti-virus and UAC offf)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: JDMather

Works fine here in 2012.

Uninstall, then Install using these instructions:

http://teknigroup.com/support/InstallAdsksoftware.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 4 of 8
boonake

i have same problem

uninstall graphic driver and reinstall new release driver
( cannot update driver , must uninstall and reinstall new release)
then everything OK

Message 5 of 8
coreyparks

I was experiencing the same in Inventor 2011 and running a repair fixed my issue.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 6 of 8
elmersmfg

Just had this happen to me too.  We installed a server at work, and as a result I have a new user account.  With the previous comments made I am suspecting it has something to do with the user settings.  I will try to repair the installation.

I can go to the save a copy as dialogue where I had always saved the files, and I actually am missing about half of them.  It is very bizzare that this would just dissappear like that.

Mike

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I head the same problem at a few of Workstations with Inventor 2013 and can't reproduce it. Also the VBA API function SaveAs fails, if .dwg or .dxf should be exported. In the AddIn menue I can manually load the dwg and dxf Translator. After closing the window of the AddIn manager the Translators seem to unload again. Possibly they can't be loaded for some reason. Checked that the .dll files exist in the Inventor/Bin directory.

-Loading default application settings does not help.

-Using an other user account on the Worstation does not help.

-Running a repear with the Autodesk installer does not help.

I have not tried to reinstall jet, because that's really time consuming and should be avoided if possible.

regards, 

Andreas

Message 8 of 8
japike

I have the same issue. After running 2013 and then trying to use 2011, 2013 works fine but, 2011 has the following issues:

- File icons show up as a generic inventor icon. It's difficult to tell a .ipt from a .iam, .idw etc.

- Save Copy As does not work.

- Design Assistant does not work.

- iProperties don't work.

All users are power users. All installations were done with UAC turned off and virus software disabled.

When I log-in to any of the workstations as administrator 2011 works fine.

I've tried a repair, a reinstall, a complete uninstall and reinstall - none have worked. As an experiment, I re-imaged one of the computers and started fresh. 2011 worked fine until I ran 2013 once. Then the above functions stopped working on 2011.

I did find a fiix for the iProperties here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/PLUGIN-NOT-LOADED/m-p/3268076/highlight/true#M421310

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report