Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Start-up Fail 0xc0000142 SP Windows Installer Fail win8.1

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Callesson
2890 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 Start-up Fail 0xc0000142 SP Windows Installer Fail win8.1

Hello!

So I tried to install inventor on my new laptop. With windows 8.1 on it (first time for me)

First I failed installing it so I unistalled the Microsoft visual c++ and tried again and it worked.

Now I cannot start Inventor 2012. I get the error with "0xc0000142" as many else.

I've been around and been looking for solution and found that I should install SP and hotfix.

I tried each one of them but it didnt work because my Windows Installer(whatever that is) said that it could not install it because the program is missing or the correction file is for another version or something! What should I do?

Windows Installer Error In Swedish:

"Det går inte att installera korrigeringsfilen för uppgradering på grund av att programmet som ska uppgraderas kanske saknas eller också har korrigeringsfilen skapats för en annan version av programmet. Kontrollera att programmet som ska uppgraderas är installerat och att du har rätt korrigeringsfil."

Kind regards

Philip

Autodesk Inventor 2015 User
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: Callesson

You need to make sure that you are installing the correct version of the SP's. There is a 32bit and 64bit version, depending on what your operating system and version of Inventor is. There are also cumulative and require that SP1 be installed before SP2 is installed. You will need to install all the SP's for your 2012 version to run on Win 8.1. Also make sure that you have the latest version of .NET 4.5 on your system.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
Callesson
in reply to: blair

Hi thanks!

I downloaded the 64bit(x86) version of SP2 and didn't even think trying the 32bit(x64) one because I have 64bit windows.
But after your reply I tried the x64 one and it did for some reason work. But on SP3 and SP4 i choosed the x86 ones and they did work. strange?

After that, I installed the hotfix. So I got it to work thanks!

I guess I was insecure and negative to the errors because I have windows 8.1 now and I'm not used to it!

Also I could only find SP 2,3 and 4. Not 1. It says on SP2 that you don't have to have SP1 installed.

And I found out I had .net 4.5 in the regedit in case someone reads this and doesnt know how to. Do a google search on it!

Autodesk Inventor 2015 User
Message 4 of 6
rwthThomas

Hey, Does anyone still have the windows 8.1 hotfix for inventor 2012? And if so, can you upload it somewhere? It got removed from the download section but my university still uses Inventor 2012. Thanks in advance 🙂
Message 5 of 6
jalger

Hi Callesson,

The x64 verison worked because its for 64 bit, and the x86 didn't work because it is 32bit.

x86 is 32bit... a reference to 286, 386 and 486 computer Architecture. (all of them were 32 bit) its a programmers joke in a way like nibbles, bits and Bytes. 🙂

x64 is 64 bit... Just 64 for 64. 

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 6 of 6

rwthThomas

The 2012 hotfix is still available. See:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/hotfix-inve...

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums