Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 SP1 Installation Error

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
chrishutchinson6848
2261 Views, 21 Replies

Inventor 2012 SP1 Installation Error

I downloaded the Inventor 2012 SP1 x86 version this morning and tried to install it.

I recieved a "1402 error.  Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\\RegistryVersion16.0." (see attached screen shot image)

I opened rededit and the actual key path is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion16.0. (see attached regedit screen shot image)

Please fix the SP1 x86 install file or let me know how to get the SP1 to install.

Thanks,

Chris Hutchinson

Duke Energy

Charlotte, NC

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

I am having the install problem with the registry error.  I can't believe this hasn't been fixed.  I have tried re-downloading & installing with Inventor running (to the point where it requests all programs be closed).  I am hesitant to leave it open until I get a warning for fear of breaking the installation.  Live Update simply does not work.  It rarely connects and when it does it never shows updates.

Message 22 of 22
sean.obrien
in reply to: sean.obrien

Leaving Inventor open until the installer starts computing space requirements worked.  Still don't like doing something like that, and it should have been fixed months ago.  Hope SP2 behaves better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report