Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Pro - Drawing update incorectly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LotzH
812 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2012 Pro - Drawing update incorectly

Hi

I have a problem with a structure that has no level of detail and when it is in a drawing (.dwg/.idw) it doesn't display properly.

Please see the attached print screens.

The model is saved and updated and so is the drawing.

Thanks

H

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: LotzH

edit the view, check to see if the little chain link tick box is on or off. Hopefully its ticked, which means its associative and you have the visibilty of those parts turned off in the assembly. when you untick it all the parts should become visible, or at least you will now be able to make them visible via the drawing browser.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 5
jtylerbc

You say that your assembly has no Level of Detail - what about View Representations?  If they are present, they can cause the same effect in a drawing as LOD's.

Message 4 of 5
JunjieZhao

Could you please take a look at the "memory save mode" option setting (under Application settings->drawing tab)? And make sure it's unchecked and then have a try with the udpate operations.

Junjie(Henry) Zhao
Quality Assurance - Suite
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
jalexander

You might be using old content (your channel from content center).  Try replacing with newly created components to see what happens.  This just happened to me with rectangular tubes.  I've since created my own rectangular tube part template and simply change the parameters when I need to change the tube size.  No more content center tubes. GL

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report