Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Poor Attempt at New Version

105 REPLIES 105
SOLVED
Message 1 of 106
HenkdeSwardt6236
3151 Views, 105 Replies

Inventor 2012 Poor Attempt at New Version

Inventor 2012 is a poor attempt from Autodesk on an update.

Yes, the update features are "nice", but the amount of crashes and freezes per day (>20) makes in not worth using AT ALL!!!!

Sending reports to Autodesk get the standard automated responises - also not worth filling in.

IF ONLY Autodesk had the feature to DOWNGRADE files to 2011 then at least we would be able to work.

Autodesk, please do not use the WORLD as your BETA TESTERS.

From a VERY DISSAPOINTED (ex?)customer. 

Tags (2)
105 REPLIES 105
Message 101 of 106
HenkdeSwardt6236
in reply to: 2grumpy

Wow, its amazing how many other people has since listed their problems.

Autodesk sent us a link to a Hotfix that did resolve the problem. With graphics set on Performance and Capacity/Performance, Enable background updates - Enabled and Memory Saving Mode - Disabled.

Now all seems fine and the repeated 20 crashes per day is a thing of the past.

We get the odd strange crash here and there, but Autodesk is helping us with that as well.

The hotfix is located at:

Message 102 of 106
KF090
in reply to: HenkdeSwardt6236

Would that HotFix also include when creating a Base View it crashes as it starts thinking?

The past few days Inv 2012 has been crashed for no apparent reason.  Each time it's been almost a different situation, sometimes just while sitting there doing nothing.

Message 103 of 106
Shiva_Sundaram
in reply to: KF090

Hi,

If you submitted a crash report, could you please send me the email you used. I can check.

In anycase, if you can apply the hotfix, I would recommend doing so.

Alternately, you can email me your model and/or drawings along with system spec information and steps to reproduce and I can try to see if I can reproduce the crash.

You can reach me at: sundarsATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 104 of 106
KF090
in reply to: Shiva_Sundaram

Hi,

Do you need ALL of the files that were involved?  Or just the .idw and .iam files?

Message 105 of 106
Shiva_Sundaram
in reply to: KF090

Hi,

You can try doing a pack-n-go which will pull in the required IAM, IPT and IDW files which show the problem. You could try zipping them up and sending them to me. If its too large, let me know and i can try to setup an ftp site for you.

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Development

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 106 of 106
chucksavatsky
in reply to: michelcpare

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with Inventor 2012.  I would like to have my team investigate these.

Are you providing an email address for these Customer Error Reports?

If so, can you email me this email address?  This will allow us to investigate the crashes you are encountering.

My email address is Chuck.Savatsky@Autodesk.com.

Regards,

Chuck Savatsky
Director Software Development Inventor
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report