Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 - Missing Add-Ins Tab / Revision Cloud

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RockieM
5216 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2012 - Missing Add-Ins Tab / Revision Cloud

Im running Inventor 2012 on a 64 bit windows 7 machine.

Having just newly discovered that Inventor has a Revision Cloud command, I read through the forums and found out that I had to install the two SKD .msi files named DeveloperTools & UserTools, which I have done.  I also read that I have to execute the RegisterGeneralTools.exe which I have also done.  I've rebooted and restarted Inventor numerous times thinking that my Add-Ins tab will show up with my newly acquired Revision Cloud command in Drawing Tools but to no avail.

Im coming from Inventor 2009 so I'm not sure if the Add-Ins tab is now supposed to be the Add-In Manger but from what I seen I should have a tab just right of "Get Started" and should include Drawing Tools and General Tools.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rockie

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RockieM
in reply to: RockieM

Solution:

Here's what I got from Tech Support and it worked!

Open a CMD window and navigate to the following folder - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\SDK\UserTools\GeneralTools\Bin

Type the following in the CMD window:

RegisterGeneralTools.exe /uninstall

Wait a couple of minutes then type in:

RegisterGeneralTools.exe /install

Repeat the same in the following folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\SDK\UserTools\DrawingTools\Bin.  Use the RegisterDrawingTools.exe command in this folder.

Message 3 of 8
JJdesigner

I was having the same problem with Inventor 2014 and this solution cleared it up.  Thanks Big Banger!

Message 4 of 8
snicarry
in reply to: JJdesigner

Thanks. I've been working on this for hours. This method worked for me.

Message 5 of 8
Vacherie18

Same problem but CMD prompt stuff didn't work. Is there something simple that I could be missing?

When I click the RegisterGeneralTools.exe file, aboslutly nothing happens.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
mslosar
in reply to: Vacherie18

According to the steps listed you have to type it in at a command line, not click it in the file explorer.

On top of that, you need to have full admin rights when running it and in our case here, you have to run inventor once with admin rights to get it to fully kick in and function. After that, it works fine.

Message 7 of 8
Vacherie18
in reply to: mslosar

Tried it. Ran CMD Prompt as an Administrator, Inventor as Administrator, and still nothing.

64-bit, Windows 7. Inventor 2012.

Co-Worker has same exact settings but his works fine. Which leads me to believe that my issue is something simple that's blocking me.

Message 8 of 8
Vacherie18

**UPDATE**

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!

Very strange, perhaps a glitch, but what I had to do was open the Inventor Add-In Manager from the Start Menu, Programs, ect...  I noticed "General Tools" was located there. (This is after running the CMD Prompt stuff)

Went back to access the Add-In Manager through Inventor and it was NOT there.  Closed Inventor and Re-opened. That did the trick as it was now showing up.

Also, there is one other thing and my co-worker can confirm this. Upon using the spell check for the very first time, Inventor will freeze up. Simply shut down Inventor again and reopen. It has worked fine ever since.

So conclusion is that CMD prompt stuff is probably still necessary, but getting it to load and appear in Inventor may require accessing the Add-In Manager through the start menu first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report