Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 "Not Responding" when inserting drawing views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
btownsend
296 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2010 "Not Responding" when inserting drawing views

I have had this issue for a while when attempting to insert drawing views from assemblies.  The program completely hangs up, sometimes for as long as an hour before I use the task manager to close it out, and the drawing view is never created. The installation has been repaired, as well as cleanly removed and reinstalled more than once. I have also changed the graphics settings in Inventor options with no effect. The same problem exists whether or not the files are on network drives or local, as I have tried it both ways using the same files. Also, the assemblies are quite large (100+ parts).  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Inventor 2010 V14.4 Service Pack 4

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Intel Xeon CPU 2.39 GHz (2 processors)

24 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2 GB

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi zbst6,

If you go to the Tools tab > Application Options button > Drawing tab and look for the View Preview Display area, you can set the Show Preview As drop down to Bounding Box.

You might try this setting to see if it helps.

The other thing I would look at is the health of the assembly and it's components. Often times a sick part use in the assembly can cause issues like this. Opening the assembly and using the Rebuild All button (found on the Manage tab) can often force the errors to show themselves so that you can fix them.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3

Thanks, I tried changing the setting but ran into the same issue, and also the same after using Rebuild All with no errors.  I have since discovered that the original files were translated from CATIA files, and the translation report showed errors on a couple of parts in the assembly, so maybe that is causing a problem.  I was finally able to get the drawing view to work by saving a copy of the file and deleting multiple suppressed components and work features.  As long as I can get the drawing view, I'm happy. Thanks again for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report