Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 Crash when opening relocated part

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
256 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2010 Crash when opening relocated part

Some part files, which have no associative features, crash Inventor when they are opened under the following conditions:

- The part is moved to an alternate folder

- The part undergoes 'save as' to an alternate folder

- The part undergoes 'save copy as' to an alternate folder.  The copied part causes the crash.

The crash occurs before opening the part, no error message is generated by the Autodesk software, Windows 7 just says that the program has stopped responding.  Other parts, some which have no associative features and several which do, can be copied from the same location to a new location, renamed, and opened without issue using either of the methods above.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  We are using Inventor 2010 with SP4 installed on a more than adequate machine.  The issue can be replicated on any computer we have.

We are unable to provide the part files in question due to non-disclosure agreements.  Thank you in advance for you help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I can probably provide the best solution myself... upgrade to 2014 so that I can implement Vault on Windows 7 and stop trying to get help with an outdated version of Inventor that is full of issues.

In the meantime I'll just have to recreate the troublesome parts as a new part file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report