Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

kand0
Message 1 of 3 (516 Views)

Inventor 2010 - BOM Item No.

516 Views, 2 Replies
06-03-2010 04:38 AM
How do I get to link the Item No. from the BOM to part text descriptions within the idw. ??
*Dennis Jeffrey
Message 2 of 3 (515 Views)

Re: Inventor 2010 - BOM Item No.

06-03-2010 04:49 AM in reply to: kand0
Can you post an example of what you want? See this:
http://teknigroup.com/support/Inventor/Howto.html

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
http://teknigroup.com/CI-Subscribe-Login.asp
kand0
Message 3 of 3 (515 Views)

Re: Inventor 2010 - BOM Item No.

06-03-2010 03:10 PM in reply to: kand0
The attached is a part copy of a drawing showing an example of what I am after. In most cases when you assemble a component or a welment in the iam the order of the part number will not be in a prefered order which I want to have the BOM displayed in. As with common drafting practice the BOM is usually created after the assembly is complet in the prefered desplay order. With inventor this is an easy process to create the required order of materals and then re number the Item No.s in the BOM structure. However when I do the part detail I want to insert a part description automaticaly displaying the item No. which has been assigned by the user. However in the Text properties the Item No. does not appear in the properties in order it can be added as a text perameter. The only get arround I have found is to manually copy the Item No.s to an unuesed properties field ( in my case Stock Number eg "ITEM 3 - DETAIL") this manual process off cource may lead to errors. Edited by: kand0 on Jun 3, 2010 10:42 PM
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.