Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2009 performance issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
PBO_Christiaens
189 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor 2009 performance issues

We're using Inventor 2009 to draw a portion of our machines. Currently i'm developing a new machine to us in Inventor. Only i'm running in some performance issues wich i can't assign to a particular shortcomming of my workstation.

There are about 30-40k parts in this drawing and most of them are supressed as they're for diffrent configurations and options. So i have 5000 active parts in my drawing and most of them are sheet metal, fastners and drive systems.

I've optimised most of the options for working with large assembly's and since i did that i can navigate again withouth any problems. The remaining problem is when i add a constraint, update the drawing or want to move parts within the drawing i takes the workstation 20 seconds to actually do it. A green bar starts running in the lowwer right corner for 20 seconds when i make an action.

The memory indicator states i'm using about 300mb of ram and still have 1300mb left. And the processor doesn't show any signs of overload. So now i'm wondering if it has somthing to do with my workstation or if this problem still exists when they give me a new workstation?

These are the specs:

Windows XP pro sp3

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

3Gb ddr2 ram

Nvidia Quadro FX 1700

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report