Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2009 not opening after windows 7 update

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
greentree31
1606 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2009 not opening after windows 7 update

I had updates for windows 7, so I installed them. Next day Inventor 2009 didn't open. I've re-installed and repaired (3-times each), uninstalled (2 times) then installed from cds (2 times). Still getting same message (see screen print attachments)

One attachment is the first message that it cannot open.

the second attachment is the debug message, which I don't understand.

I also did the "troubleshoot compatability", and it still doesn't work.

our IT guy can't figure it out either. I don't know what other information you need from me in order to tell me what's going on. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on a project that I really need to get done and this is preventing me from doing so.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I've had some issues with the Windows 7 updates from the past few days. I did a restore point from early last week and things are back to normal. I've turned off automatic updates for now.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 3
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: greentree31

1.) Fire your IT guy. You should not be allowed to install Windows updates or have admin access. It is ITs job to make sure updates are safe to be deployed. He also has no clue about keeping necessary backups. He could have easily had you back up & running by re-imaging the PC from a backup.

2.) Inventor 2009 is not supported on Windows 7. It doesn't really matter if you installed it & it worked fine up until this point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report