Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2008 Frame Generator

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
PACDrafting
437 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2008 Frame Generator

We have setup a custom library in content centre. Frame Generator however, uses a different library other then the content centre. Is it possible for us to use our custom library for frame generator? In our custom library we have not only added new categories but also copied standard libraries and modified the family properties to suit our BOM.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Inv_kaos
in reply to: PACDrafting

In R2008 then yes, see the link below.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/framegenerator/

I beleive that they have removed it in 2009 as the FG now works through CC.
Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 3 of 7
PACDrafting

Thanks.

What about the bolted connection.

I have copied some of the standard bolts/washers/nuts to our custom library. The bolted connection lets you select all of the standards eg AS,DIN etc. But we have made all of them custom standard. It doesnt seem to give you the option in bolted connection to select custom?
Message 4 of 7
Inv_kaos

Have you added the custom library to your project through the project window?
Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Message 5 of 7
PACDrafting

Yes.

When you select a standard fastener that I have copied to our custom library, it actually works. The problem is you have to search through the whole fastener list. The idea is to only view the custom library fasteners.
Message 6 of 7
Inv_kaos

Dunno man, you got me. I would try and add a new filter so that you can isolate your custom library.
Stew, AICP
Message 7 of 7
PACDrafting

No probs.

The bolted connection wont even let you select a custom filter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report