Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid serial number

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
zachdixon0118
898 Views, 7 Replies

Invalid serial number

I am getting the message of invalid serial number. I would like to speak to someone directly to help me solve this problem instead of flipping through self help information. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi zachdixon0118,

Visit the Installation & Licensing forum. Autodesk staff actively monitor that forum working to answer your installation and licensing questions.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 8
DonovanCox
in reply to: zachdixon0118

Things to watch out for are, entering a network serial number into a standalone install. There's also accidentally using the wrong year version or wrong product version, like using an ultimate serial number for a premium install. 

Message 4 of 8
zachdixon0118
in reply to: DonovanCox

The network/standalone problem might be it. My thing is that the company I work for has Inventor on all of its computers and they had it installed before I started employment. They know less about the installation process than I do but I would assume that they ran it as a network. For some reason I probably installed it as a standalone instead. Is their any way to change this without reinstalling?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Only way to fix is to reinstall. 

Message 6 of 8
ampster402

@zachdixon0118 wrote:

I am getting the message of invalid serial number. I would like to speak to someone directly to help me solve this problem instead of flipping through self help information. Thanks

good answers so far to your question but just in case you're not aware, this isn't the place to expect to communicate directly with Autodesk.  You're question seems to indicate that was what you were hoping for.

Message 7 of 8
Paul-Mason
in reply to: ampster402

There is a separate board for installation problems here 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24 

I believe that this board IS MONITORED by Autodesk.

Maybe the this board's moderator can move/copy this question over

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 8 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Typically your best bet in this situation, outside of checking to make sure you're using the appropriate serial number and product key (not previous versions) and installing as the right deployment (standalone vs.network), would be to contact our License Assitance team for direct support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report