I sometimes get a error message stating 'invalid arguments specified when working with database...' (see attachment). What causes these and can I fix them? The file opens and seems to work ok.
IV 2012, 64 bit, SP-2
Win 7, 8 gb, Quadro 1000m
It is hard to say what the cause is but I would say the file is corrupted. You can try to isolate if it is part related within the sub assembly. Run the sub-assemblies through the file task scheduler migration files task with rebuild all and compact model history options on and point the log file somewhere easy to retrieve. After migration look in the log file to see if there were any failures on part files. You can try to fix by rebuilding these and replacing them.
Thanks for the help. I didn't know that IV had a file rebuilder. I remember the restore feature in Mech Desktop. I'll try it.
I noticed that some files that do this have representations that don't apply any more or are missing components that were related to them. However deleting the reps. didn't fix the error message.
You can also restore a part from the "Old Versions" folder in each directory that parts are stored in. You will need to rename the file to get ride of the version in the file name