Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Argument with Database error message

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
beau-tech
502 Views, 3 Replies

Invalid Argument with Database error message

I sometimes get a error message stating 'invalid arguments specified when working with database...' (see attachment). What causes these and can I fix them? The file opens and seems to work ok.

Thank you.

Pete Beau

IV 2012, 64 bit, SP-2

Win 7, 8 gb, Quadro 1000m

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
4donwan4
in reply to: beau-tech

It is hard to say what the cause is but I would say the file is corrupted. You can try to isolate if it is part related within the sub assembly. Run the sub-assemblies through the file task scheduler migration files task with rebuild all and compact model history options on and point the log file somewhere easy to retrieve. After migration look in the log file to see if there were any failures on part files. You can try to fix by rebuilding these and replacing them.
Don

Message 3 of 4
beau-tech
in reply to: 4donwan4

Thanks for the help. I didn't know that IV had a file rebuilder. I remember the restore feature in Mech Desktop. I'll try it.

I noticed that some files that do this have representations that don't apply any more or are missing components that were related to them. However deleting the reps. didn't fix the error message.

Pete

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: beau-tech

You can also restore a part from the "Old Versions" folder in each directory that parts are stored in. You will need to rename the file to get ride of the version in the file name

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report