Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersect two hollow cylinders

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fundacion_e_imperio
3957 Views, 2 Replies

Intersect two hollow cylinders

Hi Friends, 

I have created the model in the picture in AutoCad, but I do not know how to create it in Inventor. In Inventor I Know how to extrude and draw 2d/3d sketches, but this simple model it is impossible to me.

Please any could help me?, it is a simple 3D part, no sheet metal or pipe. It is an structure.

Any help is welcome!. I have copied it sliced to make more clear the geometry that I am looking for create.

hollow tubes intersection.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
harco
in reply to: fundacion_e_imperio

Create large tube.

Create new workplane offset from one of the 2 origin planes running the length of the large tube.

Create new sketch with small tube inner and outer diameter on the new workplane.

Extrude the region between the diameters using the "TO" selection and choose the outer surface of the large tube.

RMB on the new sketch and share sketch.

Extrude cut the inside region of the inner diameter of the small tube using the "TO" selection and choose the inner surface of the large tube.

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: harco

Easier than that if the wall thickness is uniform.

Sketch large circle at origin and Extrude symmetrical (mid-plane).

Sketch small circle at origin on perpendicular plane and Extrude.

Shell and pick the end faces.

Done.

Slightly different process if you want a multi-body solids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report