Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent array

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Logos_Atum
300 Views, 3 Replies

Intelligent array

Hello there,

is it possible to have Inventor adjust array elements dependent on the available space.

It should use integer numbers only- as there is room for 25.5 elements it reduces the number of elements to 25.

The array should be be dependent on a measurement to make comparision by eye obsolete, as well as the array is to produce the right number of elements as soon as the space available is measured.

I hope my description is not to awkward

Thanks in advance

Dogs aren´t flammable.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
japike
in reply to: Logos_Atum

I've done such things with parameter functions (see the attachment). Using the functions, I set the maximum distance that I want my holes to be, the panel size and the starting location of the array and Inventor calculates things from there. I'm sure you could use something similar.

I've not used it for this, but I would think iLogic would give pretty good results too.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: japike

Hi,

Could I use something like this to do like a family table pattern similar to that in proe.

I don't like creating a pattern and suppressing certain item's.

Thanks Stephen

Message 4 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: japike

Hi there, sounds like my explanation was not too bad at all ^^

Your example looks promising and i think i can work out an equation which will suit the deed.

I logics sounds like a good point too and i´m going to look if there is a tutorial out there to get the better out of my drawings.

The only downset is the fact that i will need to create and change a parameter manually as long as i don´t know how i logics can do it. The parameter is in a part and i need the parameter in a Factory assembly in which the Array is to be created. I will try to include the parameter in a template and i have found a tutorial how to acess part parameters in an Assembly.

Thank you very much!!

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report