Inventor General Discussion

jasonr41405
Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

Installing Content Center Failed

189 Views, 1 Replies
02-06-2013 12:41 PM

I've read that the Error 1603 is just a windows error saying that installation failed. I'm trying to figure out why I cant get the content Center to install. I already have Autodesk Inventor 2011 installed on my machine and for whatever reason I accidently unchecked the install content center (this was some time ago). When I go back into the install and try to run it it doesn't work. now I dont have the DVD's but I copied the DVD files to my Computer onto a back-up hard drive. The DVD's have been since packed away. is the content center failing cause I'm running the setup from the Disk1zip and the content center Files are on Disk7zip or is something else interfereing with my install?

I have shut off the virus scanner and firewall so they aren't an issue

*Pro
ampster
Message 2 of 2 (186 Views)

Re: Installing Content Center Failed

02-06-2013 01:03 PM in reply to: jasonr41405

the solution I'm providing was originally provided from the late Dennis Jeffery on a website that was his own personal company and I'm assuming since that company still has another link still available on the internet providing that same file that this is allowed.

for 2011, might be easier to download the file named "AI2011 Desktop Content.zip" from

http://www.design-excellence.com/ftp/files/

and install those files in the correct folder to enable the CC in 2011.

Admin or anyone else, if there's a problem with suggesting this please advise or delete my response.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube