Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert number of occurrences in parent assembly in part's .idw sheet

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DRoam
1210 Views, 5 Replies

Insert number of occurrences in parent assembly in part's .idw sheet

I have an Inventor drawing which contains multiple sheets. One of the sheets is a drawing of the master assembly. Another sheet is a drawing of a part that is in the master assembly. This part shows up multiple times. I'd like to have a text box or something in the part's drawing that I can put: "Quantity: [Quantity]" where [Quantity] is the number of occurances of the part in the master assembly. I've been searching for a while and can't find a way to do this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
harco
in reply to: DRoam

Either, make a design view rep of the single part.

Then place a part list of the master assembly on the single part sheet and filter by view rep.

Or just hide all other parts/assemblies in the parts list.

You will have a one line parts list showing the quantity of the single part in the master assembly.

It will also update if the quantity changes.

Message 3 of 6
gjohnston
in reply to: harco

Just a thought; How about going to ( manage-styles editor)  and change the balloon to show the item and quanity.

Message 4 of 6
harco
in reply to: gjohnston

gjohnston wrote

"Just a thought; How about going to ( manage-styles editor)  and change the balloon to show the item and quantity."

Excellent idea, so simple, I never thought of that.

Just to add, I would make a new balloon style so as not to disrupt the other sheets.

Message 5 of 6
DRoam

Thanks to both of you for the ideas! The balloon idea does sound great but for some reason I can't get it to work, it keeps saying the quantity is 1 😕 that might be because the component I picked is within a sub-assembly of the master assemly I'm trying to count it in. Any ideas?

Also, I'm having a problem with the parts list idea too. Before, I was able to insert a "parts only" list so Inventor would count every occurance of a part within the assembly, but now that option is grayed out and it will only let me insert a structured list. Know why that might be? Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 6
hshorst

Hello,

Any luck in finding a solution to this issue.  I'm running into the same situation.

Thanks,

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report